Niantic recently announced the first-ever Pokémon GO Limited Research Day, which is set to take place on January 19. The star of the upcoming event will be the Fish Pokémon Feebas, which evolves into the majestic Milotic. Shiny Feebas and Shiny Milotic will also make their Pokémon GO debuts on the same day. See more details below:
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Jan. 19, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: Jan. 19, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Asia-Pacific: Jan. 20, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will reward you with encounters with Feebas.
- You may encounter a Shiny Feebas!
Feebas migrate quickly during Limited Research, but as long as you’ve collected the Limited Research during the event window, you can complete it at any time. Don’t forget: you’ll need to venture onward to many PokéStops in order to get new Field Research tasks and encounter as many Feebas as possible. Once you receive a Field Research task from a PokéStop, you won’t be able to get a new task from that same PokéStop on that day.