In a statement to Polygon, a Niantic representative said that the studio is currently “prioritizing updates to Pokémon GO features and experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings. Trainers can hatch Eggs twice as fast.” All of these changes are in effect immediately, and will continue until “further notice,” Niantic added. Existing events will allow players to compete with one another without being in the same place, while the upcoming Special Research adventure that will debut Genesect will require tasks that can be “completed by individuals,” Niantic says. “While we’ve made these updates based on the current global health situation, we also encourage players to make decisions on where to go and what to do that are in the best interest of their health and the health of their communities.”
Updates to events: Abra Community Day
The following events have been canceled, postponed, or changed.
- Abra Community Day: This event has been postponed.
We will also be making the following changes to Pokémon GO which are effective starting now until further notice.
- A one-time purchase bundle of 30 Incense for 1 PokéCoin. Incense will also last for one hour.
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during this time period
- PokéStops will now drop Gifts more frequently
- Pokémon habitats will increase and more Pokémon will be appearing in the wild
Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receive push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team