Pokémon Masters EX, the latest strategy and battling Pokémon game for mobile platforms, is now available for download on the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). In celebration of the game’s popularity, special in-game events and rewards are offered for a limited time. Read on below to learn more:
Team Rocket’s James & Weezing Now Available in Pokémon Masters EX
Content update also brings Alolan Family of Trainers Lusamine & Pheromosa, Lillie & Clefairy, and Gladion & Silvally to the game
TOKYO—September 17, 2020— DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, has announced that Team Rocket’s James has been added to a story event titled “Blasting Off Again” in Pokémon Masters EX. In this in-game event, available from now until January 24 at 9:59PM Pacific time for those that have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story, players will be able join the Team Rocket trio of Jessie, James, and Meowth as they try to disrupt a fireworks festival on the island of Pasio. Players who complete this in-game event will have the Poison-type sync pair of James & Weezing join their teams.
DeNA also announced that the following content updates are now available in Pokémon Masters EX:
- Family Ties Event – Lusamine, Lillie, and Gladion: An in-game story event titled “Family Ties” is available from now until September 30 at 10:59PM Pacific time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story. This event follows Alolan region Trainers Lusamine, her daughter Lillie, and her son Gladion, as they enter a Pokémon tournament to test how deep their family bonds go. A trailer highlighting these characters can be found here on the official Pokémon Masters EX YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXa669ZD6v0
- Lusamine & Pheromosa, Lillie & Clefairy, Gladion & Silvally – Now Available: The three Alolan sync pairs featured in the “Family Ties” event will also be available to add to players’ teams via sync pair spotlight scouts, available from now until September 30 at 10:59PM Pacific time. Each of these sync pairs can reach a 6★ EX Potential rating, which increases the strength of their sync moves and also provides them with an optional new EX-style outfit to wear. Up until now, only four other sync pairs (Sygna Suit Leaf & Venusaur, Sygna Suit Blue & Blastoise, Sygna Suit Red & Charizard, and Rosa & Snivy) in the game have been able to reach a Potential rating of 6★ EX.
- Legendary Arena – Azelf: In the Legendary Arena, players battle against an extremely powerful Legendary Pokémon using only a limited number of sync pairs. While HP damage to the opponent carries over after each battle, opponents in the Legendary Arena have an exceptionally high HP, requiring players to carefully strategize on how to take down their powerful foe. In this event, players can take on the Legendary Pokémon Azelf, whose Defense and Sp. Def can change throughout the battle, until September 29 at 10:59PM Pacific time if they have completed Chapter 2 of the Main Story.
- Second One-Year Anniversary Bonus – Receive up to 3,000 Gems: Players that have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story can receive up to 3,000 Gems, enough to add up to 11 sync pairs to their teams, by logging into the game a single time from now until November 29 at 9:59PM Pacific time.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Pokémon Masters EX is a real-time battling and strategy game for compatible Android and Apple devices that is free-to-start with in-app purchases. It can be downloaded at the links below:
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418
- App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/app/id1442061397
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese. Fans can learn more about Pokémon Masters EX at https://Pokémonmasters-game.com/en-US.