Grow your Pokémon GO experiences with Verizon!
Verizon, America’s most reliable network, is now working alongside our teams to provide the best Pokémon GO experience for their users, as well as in-game benefits for all Trainers in the United States. You will soon enjoy enhanced gameplay features (such as Verizon Sponsored PokéStops, Sponsored Gyms, and Sponsored Gifts) and exclusive digital experiences!
Trainers in the United States will be able to experience exciting special events and bonuses, provided by Verizon!
Special Weekend event, presented by Verizon!
Starting today, October 20, 2020, eligible Verizon users anywhere in the United States will be able to obtain tickets for an exclusive event: the Special Weekend. Trainers who are subscribed to Verizon mobile plans will be able to obtain a ticket by signing in to the Verizon Up app. Tickets are limited to one per Trainer account and will be available until the event day, on November 7.
The tickets provide Trainers access to the event-exclusive Timed Research and special Pokémon attracted to Incense on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time anywhere in the United States. When they redeem their tickets, Trainers will receive an exclusive event medal.
Date + Time
- Ticket redemption: from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), to Saturday, November 7, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Event day: Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
- Complete the event Timed Research to earn XP, Stardust, three Incense, a Star Piece, and 100 Charizard Mega Energy, as well as encounters with Chansey, Spoink, Absol, Bronzor, Gible, and Sewaddle!
- The following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during the event: Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Unown V, Unown Z, Sableye, Patrat, Minccino, and Ferroseed. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Ferroseed!
- Please note that Shiny Unown will not be appearing during this event.
- Incense activated during the event will last for one hour.
*How to claim a ticket
To obtain a Special Weekend ticket, be sure to sign in to the Verizon Up rewards program app with your Verizon ID or mobile phone number. Only one ticket can be redeemed per Pokémon GO account. Codes are personal and cannot be transferred. If you’re eligible, unlock your tickets here.
- Tickets will be available in the Verizon Up app for eligible Verizon users from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Saturday, November 7, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8).
- After claiming your tickets through Verizon, Trainers need to redeem them on the Niantic Redemption portal, from October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), to November 7, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8). Redeem the codes on the Niantic Redemption portal to unlock them in the Pokémon GO app.
Exclusive Verizon avatar items
Also starting today, October 20, eligible Verizon users will be able to unlock the exclusive Verizon avatar items in Pokémon GO!
How to claim the avatar items
Trainers will be able to obtain codes for these avatar items by signing in to the Verizon Pokémon GO page.
Unlock & redeem your codes to receive these avatar items
- The Verizon Mask avatar item
- The Verizon Hoodie avatar item
Codes will be available in the Verizon Pokémon GO portal for eligible Verizon users from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Codes must be redeemed on the Niantic Offer Redemption portal from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Only one code can be redeemed per Pokémon GO account. Codes are personal and cannot be transferred.
More Verizon avatar items will be available at a later date, so stay tuned for updates!
Also starting today, October 20, in certain regions across the United States, all Trainers will be able to receive a Sponsored Verizon Gift upon spinning select PokéStops for the first time each day. Trainers can open these Gifts to earn in-game items and also see a special message from Verizon.
Even more coming soon!
Select Verizon stores in the United States will become Sponsored PokéStops or Gyms in Pokémon GO! All Trainers will be able to spin these Verizon Sponsored PokéStops to receive Sponsored Field Research tasks. Stay tuned to learn more about when these locations are going to be available.
And coming later in 2021, Trainers in certain parts of the United States will be able to participate in scheduled Legendary Raids in their local Verizon Gyms. Stay tuned to find out when and where these fun challenges will take place and how you can participate in them.
We’re thrilled to provide Trainers in the United States with great and fun new experiences through Verizon. We hope fans enjoy these activities alongside their friends and families!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog