Familiar faces return to raids, new feature updates, and more in November!
November Research Breakthrough encounter
A month of different Raid Bosses in five-star raids!
Look forward to challenging different Raid Bosses in five-star raids throughout November!
- From Friday, October 23, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Darkrai will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- From Thursday, November 5, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Lugia will be returning to five-star raids—this time with the attack Aeroblast!
- From Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- Stay tuned for more details on the featured Raid Boss that’ll be in five-star raids from Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, November 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)!
Each week in November, there’ll be a Raid Hour event on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. local time featuring that week’s five-star Raid Boss.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of November, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020: Cubone will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020: Jigglypuff will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020: Meowth will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 24, 2020: Barboach will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
More exciting events and feature updates
Look forward to a Limited Research event happening on November 28, 2020! The featured Pokémon will be announced at a later date.
Soon, you’ll be able to see more information about the Pokémon you’ve come to know and love! For example, if your Pokémon hatched from an Egg, you’ll see which type of Egg it hatched from. If you caught your Pokémon in an encounter after a raid, you’ll be able to see more details about that raid, such as whether it was an EX Raid or a Mega Raid, or whether you battled in the raid remotely or in person. You’ll also see whether you met your Pokémon in a special encounter, such as in an encounter after GO Battle League win, in a Research Breakthrough encounter, or in a surprise encounter after you take a snapshot. You’ll even be able to see whether you caught your Pokémon during one of our ticketed events, like Pokémon GO Fest! We hope this update lets you and your Pokémon take a stroll down memory lane together and reminisce on the happy memories of your meeting!
We’re also updating when Trainers will receive Special Research lines released in the past so that it is not overwhelming for new Trainers. For example, instead of receiving multiple Special Research lines after completing the A Mythical Discovery Special Research, Trainers will receive them later after they make more progress with the Special Research lines they have. This will not affect any Trainers who have already received all of the past Special Research lines.
There’s much to look forward to in November! Let us know what you’re looking forward to the most on social media by using #PokemonGO.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog