Catch Galarian Mr. Mime in Pokémon GO
Through December 21, Pokémon GO Trainers can catch cold- and sound-themed Pokémon and participate in Special Research.
Looking for a Pokémon with cool dance moves to complement its icy appearance? Get your Pokémon GO Pokédex ready to welcome Galarian Mr. Mime, an Ice- and Psychic-type Pokémon that was first discovered in the Galar region. It’ll be making its Pokémon GO debut in the The Tap… Tap… Tappity-Tap Special Research event that runs from Saturday, December 19, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. until Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time. You’ll need a ticket to access the Special Research, which will cost $7.99 (or equivalent in your local currency), not including taxes or fees, and can’t be purchased with PokéCoins. To activate the Special Research, you’ll need to log in to your account before the event ends.
In addition to an encounter with Galarian Mr. Mime, Trainers who complete the Special Research will receive a medal, an avatar pose inspired by Galarian Mr. Mime, a handful of useful items, enough Mr. Mime Candy to evolve Galarian Mr. Mime into Mr. Rime, and bonus XP and Stardust. Progressing through the Special Research will also lead to encounters with Pokémon like Alolan Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Jynx, Whismur, Chimecho, and Snorunt.
Regardless of whether you choose to participate in the Special Research event, you can still enjoy unique encounters all weekend long. From Friday, December 18, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, December 21, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. local time, Pokémon like Wobbuffet, Swinub, Spoink, Woobat, Solosis, and Cubchoo will be attracted to Incense.
Where’s that cold air coming from? What’s that tapping noise?
Do you feel a chill in the air? Do you hear that tapping in the distance? There’s only one Pokémon that could possibly be causing this—Galarian Mr. Mime! The Dancing Pokémon and its Evolution, Mr. Rime—both originally discovered in the Galar region—will soon be coming to the world of Pokémon GO in a ticketed Special Research story event. Whether or not you have a ticket, you’ll be able to enjoy encountering Pokémon via Incense and more during the event weekend!
Enjoy a weekend with Pokémon related to cold and to sound
Bundle up and get ready for some chill tunes! It seems Galarian Mr. Mime’s arrival will inspire some cool and melodious Pokémon to be attracted to Incense. From Friday, December 18, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, December 21, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time, you can enjoy the following features, whether or not you have a ticket for the Galarian Mr. Mime Special Research story event.
- Pokémon such as Jynx, Swinub, Spoink, Woobat, Cubchoo, and more will be attracted to Incense more frequently!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Cubchoo! Shiny Beartic will also be available.
- Incense will be more effective at attracting Pokémon
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
Tap… Tap… Tappity-Tap… Enjoy a Special Research story event
Strange things have been happening to Professor Willow lately. From slipping on a thick sheet of ice outside his mobile lab, to being kept up late by a mysterious tapping noise outside—he needs your help to get to the bottom of what could be causing this trouble! If you have a ticket, you can take part wherever you can play Pokémon GO.
You can purchase a ticket to gain access to this unique limited-time experience and complete Special Research to earn an encounter with Galarian Mr. Mime! You’ll also be able to earn enough Mr. Mime Candy to evolve your Galarian Mr. Mime into Mr. Rime!
Date + Time
Saturday, December 19, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time
A ticket to this Special Research story event will grant you access to a unique experience! This event comes with the opportunity to access or earn the following.
- You’ll be able to access a new Special Research line featuring an encounter with a Galarian Mr. Mime—its first appearance in Pokémon GO! You’ll also be able to earn enough Mr. Mime Candy by the end of the Special Research story to evolve your Galarian Mr. Mime into a Mr. Rime!
- You’ll earn a special event medal.
- Complete Special Research tasks that lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Alolan Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Jynx, Whismur, Chimecho, and Snorunt.
- You’ll earn a brand-new avatar pose inspired by Mr. Mime.
- Completing Special Research will earn you three Incense, three Rare Candies, 30 Ultra Balls, three Premium Battle Passes, one Poffin, two Glacial Lure Modules, three Super Incubators, and three Star Pieces.
- Exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Jynx, Lapras, Woobat, and Cubchoo.
- To receive the Tap… Tap… Tappity-Tap… Special Research, you must open Pokémon GO during the event from Saturday, December 19, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time. After you’ve received the Special Research, you can complete it at any time.
- The ticket is US$7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency), not including any taxes or fees, and can be purchased from the in-game shop. The ticket cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Once tickets become available to purchase, they’ll remain available for purchase until Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. local time. Stay tuned for when tickets will become available for purchase!
- The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable(subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).
How to purchase a ticket and access the Special Research
Tickets for the Special Research story event will be available to purchase a few days before the event. To purchase a ticket and access the event’s Special Research story, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Learn More button in the shop.
- Tap the Buy button.
- You’ll then receive a pop-up indicating that you’ve received a ticket for the Galarian Mr. Mime event. After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- Before the event, you’ll receive a medal. When you open the app during the event, you’ll receive access to the ticketed experience and the Tap… Tap… Tappity-Tap… Special Research.
- Once you receive the Special Research, you’ll be able to finish it at any time. However, for an optimal gameplay experience, we recommend trying your best to complete the research before the Special Research story event concludes on Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
Have questions? Please see our FAQ page in the help center for more information on this new Special Research story event.
Beanies—on! Senses—ready! Herbal tea—in hand! Ready to catch Galarian Mr. Mime and help Professor Willow get some well-earned rest? Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog