Countdown to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto—celebrate the Unova region with us!
Date + Time
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, Herdier, Blitzle, Roggenrola, Drilbur, Scraggy, Tympole, Venipede, Trubbish, Gothita, Solosis, and Ferroseed will be appearing more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Snivy! Shiny Servine and Shiny Serperior will also be available.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Sewaddle, Petilil, Emolga, Karrablast, Joltik, Elgyem, and Shelmet
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Ferroseed.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Timburr, Dwebble, and Klink will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Herdier, Tranquill, Excadrill, and Amoonguss will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Genesect holding a Burn Drive will be appearing in five-star raids. This will be the first time this form of Genesect will be appearing in Pokémon GO, so be sure to catch it while you have the chance! Note that the Shiny form of this Genesect will not be available during this event.
- Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids, with Mega Charizard Y becoming even more powerful from Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. through Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Stay tuned for Collection Challenges, a new feature in the Today View that’ll make Pokémon GO events all the more exciting to experience! More details to come in early January.
Up next: Sinnoh! An event celebrating the Sinnoh region will be happening from Tuesday, January 12, 2021, to Sunday, January 17, 2021. Stay tuned for more details!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog