The official ruleset for Ranked Battles Series 8 has been announced for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Series 8 allows players to use one restricted Legendary Pokémon per team from February 1 to April 30. Read on below to learn more about the current season:
Pokémon Ranked Battles Series 7 for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Starts November 1
Learn which Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will be allowed to participate in Ranked Battles Series 7.
Anew Ranked Battles series is kicking off November 1, and Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Trainers need to know which Pokémon can be included on their teams. The Series 7 regulations will also be in effect for the Pokémon Players Cup II Region Qualifiers and upcoming Pokémon Video Game Championship events.
For Series 7, Pokémon that were banned in Series 6 will return, making all Pokémon that were legal in Series 5 usable once again. Although Mythical Pokémon remain excluded, many Pokémon from The Crown Tundra will now be allowed—including a large number of Legendary Pokémon, though some of them will not have Crown Tundra Pokédex numbers.
For a summary of all Video Game Championships tournament rules, see below. You can also check out the Play! Pokémon Rules & Resources page to see complete Play! Pokémon VG rules and formats. In the meantime, here’s what you need to know.
- Pokémon need to have either the Galar symbol—showing that they were caught, received, or hatched in the Galar region—or the battle-ready symbol, showing that they were transferred from another game and adapted to battles in the Galar region.
- All Pokémon from the Galar Pokédex, the Isle of Armor Pokédex, and the Crown Tundra Pokédex as well as certain other Pokémon are permitted except for Mythical Pokémon and certain Legendary Pokémon.
- Pokémon with the Gigantamax Factor are permitted.
- All Pokémon will be set to Lv. 50, including Pokémon below Lv. 50.
- Duplicate Pokémon are not allowed.
- Duplicate held items are not allowed.
- Each battle begins with a 90-second Team Preview phase.
- In each battle, players have the following time limits.
- 7 minutes of Your Time
- 45 seconds of Move Time
- 15 minutes of Game Time
Good luck, Trainers!