4/9/2021 Update: Niantic is investigating errors associated with Team GO Rocket encounters, which will be temporarily unavailable.
Learn all about April’s events here!
Save Shadow Zapdos from Giovanni
This month, Giovanni will have Shadow Zapdos in his grasp! If you haven’t already, complete the latest Team GO Rocket Special Research, The Higher They Fly…, to earn a Super Rocket Radar. This will help you track down the Team GO Rocket Boss and save Shadow Zapdos! You can also receive a Super Rocket Radar from Timed Research that’ll be available during the first week of April.
Team GO Rocket never rests, Trainers, and neither can we! For more information, please see this help center article.
April Research Breakthrough encounters
Featured Pokémon in five-star raids and Mega Raids
The following Legendary Pokémon will be appearing in five-star raids throughout April.
- Therian Forme Tornadus will make its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids on Tuesday, March 30, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time and will depart on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Therian Forme Landorus will make its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time and will depart on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Incarnate Forme Tornadus, Incarnate Forme Thundurus, and Incarnate Forme Landorus will be appearing in five-star raids starting on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time. If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Tornadus, Thundurus, or Landorus!
In addition, the following Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids.
- Mega Houndoom, Mega Manectric, and Mega Abomasnow will appear in Mega Raids until Sunday, April 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- On Sunday, April 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, a surprise Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids. It will continue to appear in Mega Raids for the rest of the month. Stay tuned for more details!
- Mega Gengar and Mega Manectric will appear in Mega Raids from Monday, April 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, April 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Mega Venusaur and Mega Abomasnow will appear in Mega Raids beginning on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Every Wednesday in April will feature a Raid Hour event from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time. Raid Hours will feature the Pokémon appearing in five-star raids that week. As a reminder, you’ll gain extra XP for completing five-star raids throughout the Season of Legends!
Stay tuned for the May events blog for more details on the excellent Pokémon that’ll be featured in raids after April concludes!
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of April, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time, and each of these hours will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021: Buneary will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021: Mankey will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021: Grimer will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, April 27, 2021: Finneon will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
April Community Day featuring Snivy
Join us on Sunday, April 11, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time for a Community Day event featuring Snivy. Evolve Servine (the Evolution of Snivy) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Serperior that knows Frenzy Plant. For more information, be sure to check out the blog here.
Upcoming new events
Stay tuned for details about these upcoming events.
- Team GO Rocket Timed Research: From Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time, be sure to complete Timed Research to get a Super Rocket Radar, which you can use to battle Giovanni!
- Spring into Spring: From Sunday, April 4, 2021, to Thursday, April 8, 2021, you can look forward to a spring-themed event! Look out for Chansey, Blissey, and Happiny wearing flower crowns, as well as other spring- and Egg-themed surprises!
- Rivals’ Week: From Tuesday, April 13, 2021, to Sunday, April 18, 2021, Pokémon that are rivals will be featured, including some Pokémon making their Pokémon GO debut!
- Sustainability Week : From Tuesday, April 20, 2021 to Sunday, April 25, 2021, you can look forward to a sustainability-themed event! Pokémon like Grimer, Trubbish, and more will be appearing more often in the wild, and it’s up to all of us to catch them!
- Friendship Day: On Saturday, April 24, 2021, celebrate friendship with a brand-new event!
- April will end with a snappy event that will continue into May, so keep a lookout for more details later in April!
Weekly free bundles
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog