A new update for Pokémon Sword and Shield is now available for download. Read on below to learn more:
How to Update Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
Applies to: Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite
In this article, you’ll learn how to update Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
- This update must be applied in order to use the game’s Internet features.
- Save data will still be available for use after downloading the update.
- If the system is connected to the Internet, the update will download and install automatically.
On December 21, 2020, a new software update for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the Internet.
Complete these steps
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the Internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Click the version number below for information about the update. Each update also includes all previous updates.
- Ver. 1.3.2 (Released May 11, 2021)
- Ver. 1.3.1 (Released December 21, 2020)
- Ver. 1.3.0 (Released October 22, 2020)
- Ver. 1.2.1 (Released July 7, 2020)
- Ver. 1.2.0 (Released June 16, 2020)
- Ver. 1.1.1 (Released March 17, 2020)
- Ver. 1.1 (Released January 9, 2020)
- Fixed the issue where some Pokémon icons were not properly displaying during online or local wireless battles.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Source: Nintendo Support