Ultra Unlock Part 3 will be all about the Galar region!
Hoopa’s mischief from Pokémon GO Fest 2021 continues with the final part of our Ultra Unlock event—Part 3: Sword and Shield! No one could have predicted that Pokémon originally discovered in the Galar region of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield would be making their Pokémon GO debuts!
The final part of this year’s Ultra Unlock will feature the Pokémon GO debuts of two Legendary Pokémon first found in the Galar region, Zacian and Zamazenta, in their Hero of Many Battles forms! It appears that the one who brought them to Pokémon GO was none other than Hoopa, which recently caused mischief during Pokémon GO Fest 2021. Alongside them, Skwovet, Greedent, Wooloo, Dubwool, and Falinks will be arriving in Pokémon GO. If you’re lucky, you might even find a Shiny Galarian Meowth, a Shiny Galarian Farfetch’d, a Shiny Galarian Weezing, or a Shiny Galarian Stunfisk!
Date + Time
- Skwovet and Wooloo will be appearing more frequently in the wild! You can also look forward to finding Galarian Darumaka, Trubbish, and more! If you’re lucky, you might encounter Falinks!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Galarian Meowth, Galarian Ponyta, Galarian Slowpoke, Galarian Farfetch’d, Galarian Zigzagoon, Galarian Darumaka, and Galarian Stunfisk.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Galarian Meowth, Shiny Galarian Farfetch’d, Shiny Galarian Weezing, or Shiny Galarian Stunfisk! See below for when some of these Pokémon will be appearing in raids during the event.
- Complete event-exclusive Timed Research for a chance to encounter Pokémon first discovered in the Galar region!
- Get themed Field Research tasks from PokéStops. If you complete Field Research, you may encounter Skwovet, Wooloo, or Falinks.
- Starting on Thursday, August 19, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), uniforms that appear in the Galar region will be available as avatar items in Pokémon GO! Pick up the Gym Challenger Uniform avatar item for free, which is worn by Pokémon Trainers challenging Gyms in the Galar region. If you want to show off your Dragon-type or Dark-type pride, you can purchase Dragon-Type Sport Uniform and Dark-Type Sport Uniform avatar items in the shop.
- Starting on Friday, August 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, event-exclusive Gift stickers will also be available! Pick them up in the shop or by spinning Photo Discs at PokéStops and Gyms.
In addition, you can look forward to challenging different Pokémon in raids during each week of the event.
Week 1 raids
The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids from Friday, August 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, August 26, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Galarian Slowpoke, Galarian Farfetch’d, Unown U, and Galarian Zigzagoon will be appearing in one-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Galarian Farfetch’d or a Shiny Unown U!
- Galarian Weezing, Lapras, and Falinks will be appearing in three-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Galarian Weezing!
- Zacian in its Hero of Many Battles form will be appearing in five-star raids. You can also look out for a Raid Hour event featuring Zacian happening on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time.
- Mega Beedrill will be appearing in Mega Raids. Mega Evolve Beedrill for an advantage against Zacian in its Hero of Many Battles form!
Week 2 raids
The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids from Thursday, August 26, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Galarian Meowth, Galarian Ponyta, Unown U, and Galarian Darumaka will be in one-star raids.
- Snorlax, Galarian Stunfisk, and Falinks will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Zamazenta in its Hero of Many Battles form will be appearing in five-star raids. Look out for a Bonus Raid Hour featuring Zamazenta happening on Monday, August 30, 2021, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time.
- Mega Pidgeot will be appearing in Mega Raids. Mega Evolve Pidgeot for an advantage against Zamazenta in its Hero of Many Battles form!
What’s Hoopa up to now? We’re not sure, Trainers, but we’ll keep up our research and report any findings as soon as we can. Until then, look forward to Pokémon originally discovered in Galar coming to Pokémon GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog