New Online Competitions have been announced for Pokémon Sword and Shield. Read on below for all the details:
Get a Shiny Galarian Zapdos in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
Participate in the 2022 International Challenge March in-game competition to receive this powerful Pokémon.
Registration is now underway for the 2022 International Challenge March in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. This in-game competition lets you test your skills against Trainers from around the world using the Ranked Battles Series 12 regulations, which allow you to battle with two Legendary Pokémon that are not usually permitted in competitive matches. One of your Pokémon will also be allowed to Dynamax or Gigantamax during these battles.
Qualifying players who participate in at least three battles during the event will receive a Shiny Galarian Zapdos in their Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game (please note that you will qualify to receive this Pokémon regardless of whether you win or lose your matches). Competitors can also earn Championship Points for participating in this event.
You can register from now until March 10, 2022, at 3:59 p.m. PST. To register for the competition, follow these steps:
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game.
- Open the X menu.
- Select VS.
- Select Battle Stadium.
- Select Online Competitions.
- Select Search Official Competitions.
The competition takes place from March 10, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. PST to March 13, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT, so don’t forget to return during that time to play your matches. Follow these steps to receive your Shiny Galarian Zapdos after the competition concludes:
- After the competition has ended, launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield game.
- Open the X menu.
- Select Mystery Gift.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get Battle Stadium Rewards.
Good luck competing in the 2022 International Challenge March, Trainers!
“Pokemon Japan Championships 2022” (hereinafter “PJCS2022”) will be held in June! Information on the Internet tournament for the right to participate in the “PJCS2022” game category has been released.
“PJCS2022” is an official tournament that decides the best Pokemon battle in Japan for the 2022 season. If you win the top prize, you will get prizes and supplementary prizes, so be sure to check it out!
* Details of the date, place, and division of “PJCS2022” will be announced at a later date.
About the Internet tournament for which the right to participate in the “PJCS2022” game category is granted
At the following official internet competitions held at “Pokemon Sword Shield”, the top prizewinners who meet the conditions will be given the right to participate in the “PJCS2022” game category!
[Internet tournament for “PJCS2022” game division qualification]
・ February “2022 International Challenge February”
・ March “2022 International Challenge March”
・ April “2022 International Challenge April”
・ May “Pokemon” Japan Championships 2022 Qualifying ”
* Advance entry is required to participate in each internet competition. For details, please refer to “How to participate in each Internet tournament and competition rules (common to each tournament)”.
Legendary Pokemon in different colors will be presented to the target Internet tournament participants!
Among the Internet tournaments that are eligible for participation in the “PJCS2022” game category, the legendary Pokemon Freezer (Galal’s figure) was given to the players who participated in the Internet tournaments held in February, March, and April. ) ・ Thunder (Galal’s figure) ・ Fire (Galal’s figure) will be presented in different colors! Each tournament has a different Pokemon gift, so you can’t miss any tournament.
For details on how to participate in the Internet tournament and how to receive the participants’ gifts, please check “How to participate in each Internet tournament and competition rules (common to each tournament)”!
About the outline of each Internet tournament and the right to participate in the “PJCS2022” game category
Prior entry is required to participate in the Internet tournament, which is subject to the right to participate in the “PJCS2022” game category. Check the following for the details of the tournament and precautions for granting participation rights!
How to participate in each internet tournament and competition rules (common to each tournament)
|Game software to use||“Pokemon Sword”
|Entry preparations and conditions||・ Users who participateLink to Nintendo AccountTop of,Nintendo Switch Online (paid)Please subscribe to.
・ For each Nintendo Switch series main unit1 userOnly you can participate.
・ Only one Nintendo Account can participate. If you have multiple Nintendo Switch series consoles and the users of each console have the same Nintendo account linked, only one user can participate.
|Entry method||Please check here for details on how to enter .|
|How to check ranking results||You can check your ranking results in the in-game “VS”> “Internet Tournament”> “Results of the previous tournament”> “Official Tournament”.|
|Category / Age Category||・ Junior category: Born after 2010
・ Senior category: Born after 2006 and before 2009
・ Master category: Born before 2005
※ It is classified according to the age registered in the Nintendo Account.
* The senior category will compete in the same internet competition as the junior category, but the right to participate in the “PJCS2022” game category will be given according to the ranking of each category.
|Match rules||The regulation used will be that of Series 12 .
[Battle format] Double battle
[Pokemon that can be used]
Of the Pokemon that can participate, the following special Pokemon can participate up to 2 animals.
* Only Pokemon caught in “Pokemon Sword Shield”, Pokemon born from eggs, officially presented Pokemon, and Pokemon with the battle regulation mark can participate.
[Pokemon to be registered in the battle team] 4 to 6 Pokemon from level 1 to 100
[Pokemon selected for battle] 4 animals
[Time system] Comprehensive time system: Up to 20 minutes
[Time control for one game] Up to 7 minutes
[Selection time of Pokemon to play in battle] 90 seconds
[Selection time per turn] 45 seconds
[Number of battles per day] 15 battles
* The remaining number of matches can be carried over to the next day or later. The timing of the day switch is UTC-0 o’clock (9 am Japan time).
|How to notify the right to participate in “PJCS2022”||Pokemon Co., Ltd. will send an email to the registered email address of your Nintendo Account to inform you that you have become a candidate for the right to participate in the live tournament “PJCS2022” game category.
In order to confirm the right to participate in the “PJCS2022” game division, you need to reply to the same email with your intention to participate.
Emails will be sent within 10 days of the end of the eligible internet competition. If you do not receive the email,“Pokemon Customer Support Center”Please contact us.
* The battle data and results of the tournament will be provided by Nintendo Co., Ltd. to Pokemon Co., Ltd. (including its subsidiaries) along with the email address registered in the Nintendo Account of the participating users.
|Precautions||・ To use online play, you need to subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online (charged).
・ Battle data and results of battles will be provided to Nintendo Co., Ltd. and Pokemon Co., Ltd. (and their subsidiaries).
・ If you do not enter and check in by the time the tournament is held, you will not be able to participate in this tournament as if you abstained from the tournament.
-During the tournament, the game software and the modification code that partially modified the report using the device that modifies the report etc. of the game software sold in some parts described in the item of <Prohibited matters> below. If it is discovered that Pokemon that has been tampered with or contains tampered data, or that Pokemon has been created using a modified code, you will be disqualified, your rights acquired at the tournament will be deprived, and all future tournaments will be held. You may not be able to participate. Please note that the above penalties may be imposed regardless of the person’s actions or omissions.
・ If a match becomes impossible due to the lack of charge of your Nintendo Switch ™ series main unit during a match, the player who has run out of charge will lose the match.
|Prohibited matters||Players who perform any of the following actions may be excluded from the tournament ranking and may be subject to penalties such as deprivation of participation in future Internet tournaments and official tournaments. In addition, you may not be able to participate in all content and events that use Internet communication using the Nintendo Switch series main unit in the future.
1. When using a device that illegally modifies the report of the game software, and using a Pokemon that contains data that has been tampered with by the mod code, or a Pokemon that was created using the mod code
2. During a match (an opponent) If the number of disconnections is extremely high (from the time when the result is determined until the result of winning or losing is transmitted to the server)
* Please connect in an environment where the communication signal is stable for Internet communication.
3. When using a battle team that violates the regulations
4. When using the Nintendo Switch ™ series main unit that has been modified with products other than Nintendo’s official license
5. Before the battle, without the opponent’s intention, the opponent’s Acts to get to know the participating Pokemon
6. Acts judged by the organizer as significant delays
7. Acts that bother other participants or give an unpleasant image
8. For cracking, etc. Acts that become
9. Registration with fraudulent content or registration by impersonating another person
10. Other acts that Nintendo Co., Ltd. and Pokemon Co., Ltd. (including their respective subsidiaries) deem inappropriate
|Battle manners||1: If you find an opponent, let’s play to the end!
If you find an opponent, do not turn off the power or disconnect the communication until the transmission of the result after the match is completed.
2: Stop writing slander and slander on Internet bulletin boards and blogs!
Even after the match is over, think about your opponent. Never do anything that hurt your opponent, such as slander or slander on Internet bulletin boards or blogs, or something that you don’t like. Keep in mind the spirit of sportsman even after the match is over.