Niantic has announced new events for Pokémon GO. Read on below to learn more:
Fennekin’s Not All Hot Hair on Pokémon GO May 2023 Community Day
This event heats up with bonuses, four-star raids, and Delphox that know the Charged Attack Blast Burn.
Keep your ears open, Trainers, because we’ve got the hot scoop on the next Pokémon GO Community Day. On Sunday, May 21, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, the Fox Pokémon Fennekin will appear more frequently in the wild, and you might even encounter a Shiny one—if you’re lucky!
Trainers that evolve Braixen (Fennekin’s Evolution) between 2:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. local time will get a Delphox that knows the Charged Attack Blast Burn. Also, starting at the beginning of the event, Delphox will be able to learn the Charged Attack Mystical Fire. (Delphox will still be able to learn Mystical Fire after the conclusion of the event.)
Don’t get caught in the heat of the moment and forget to enjoy the sweltering selection of bonuses in effect during the event.
- 3× Stardust for catching Pokémon
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance for Trainers Level 31+ to receive Candy XL from catching Pokémon
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours
- Trades will require 50% less Stardust from 2:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- One additional Special Trade can be made between 2:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. for a maximum of two for the day
You can enhance the Community Day fun by purchasing a ticket for the Community Day Special Research story, Fur and Flames, from the in-game shop for US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency). And don’t forget that Trainers can purchase tickets for friends that they’ve reached a friendship level of Great Friends or higher with. To give the gift of research, simply tap the “Gift” button instead of the “Buy” button.
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, continue the excitement into the evening hours with four-star Raid Battles against Braixen from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time. After a successful Raid Battle, more Fennekin will appear near the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. Trainers may even encounter a Shiny one—if they’re lucky! These four-star raids can only be accessed via Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes.
And that’s not all—you’ll be able to catch Fennekin for May Community Day–themed Field Research and earn rewards such as additional Fennekin encounters, Stardust, Ultra Balls, and more. You’ll also be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and by purchasing them from the in-game shop. And don’t forget to take a few snapshots during the event for a surprise!
Don’t get outfoxed this Pokémon GO Community Day, Trainers!
May 2023 Community Day: Fennekin
May 2023 Community Day: Fennekin
Sunday, May 21, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Fennekin, the Fox Pokémon, will be featured during May Community Day!
Fennekin will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Trainer Battles: 110 power
- Gyms and raids: 110 power
- Trainer Battles: 60 power, and decreases your opponent’s Attack.
- Gyms and raids: 60 power
Community Day Special Research story – Fur and Flames
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Fennekin Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Fur and Flames.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokémon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- Trades made during the event will require 50% less Stardust.*
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Sunday, May 21, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Fennekin to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Four-star Raid Battles
Braixen will appear in four-star raids!
You can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these Raid Battles.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Braixen, Fennekin will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
*Fennekin that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during May Community Day’s three-hour event period.
May Community Day-themed Field Research will be available! Catch Fennekin to earn rewards such as additional Fennekin encounters, Stardust, Ultra Balls, and more!
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
If you’re looking for other Trainers in your area to trade, battle, or join Raid Battles with on Community Day, check out our Community Day map!
By searching for Community Parks, you can find areas in your city that are historically popular places for Community Day—these parks may be a fun place to play with your local community while enjoying some fresh air.* We hope this map will be helpful for those looking to meet other Trainers!
*Popular locations are provided for informational purposes only. Niantic is not hosting or operating official or unofficial events at these locations. Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Niantic games.
Community Ambassador Activations
Connect with local Community Ambassadors and their communities
This park may be a fun place to play with your local community while enjoying some fresh air.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog