Registration for the Weakness Cup Online Competition has started. Trainers are challenged to build a team using only Pokémon that have five or more type weaknesses. The complete list of eligible Pokémon is available in the competition regulations. To register, log on to your account from the PGL homepage and select Online Competitions in the main menu. You’ll then be able to read and accept the regulations on the PGL. You’ll need a Pokémon Trainer Club account, your own Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon video game, and a Battle Team of eligible Pokémon. Accept the regulations on the Pokémon Global Link by Thursday, July 27, at 23:59 UTC, and get ready to battle! The competition goes from Friday, July 28, at 00:00 UTC, until Sunday, July 30, at 23:59 UTC.
All qualified Trainers who play in at least three battles will earn Ampharosite, Altarianite, Latiosite, and Latiasite Mega Stones, the items needed to make Ampharos, Altaria, and the Legendary Pokémon Latios and Latias Mega Evolve in battle.
Thursday, July 20, at 00:00 UTC, through Thursday, July 27, 2017, at 23:59 UTC
• You must sign up during this period to participate in the competition.
• You may sign up for the competition once per game registered to your PGL account.
Friday, July 28, at 00:00 UTC, through Sunday, July 30, 2017, at 23:59 UTC
Qualified participants will receive Ampharosite, Altarianite, Latiosite, and Latiasite Mega Stones. To qualify, players must complete at least three battles.
Junior/Senior Division: Born 2002 or later
Masters Division: Born 2001 or earlier
• Junior/Senior Division players are limited to playing between 6 A.M. and 11 P.M., based on the easternmost time zone in each player’s country.
Ranking Results Announcement
August 2017 (announcement time subject to change)
Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon
• This competition uses Single Battle format.
• Eligible Pokémon are restricted to National Pokédex No. 001 through 799 with five or more weaknesses. Mythical and some Legendary Pokémon cannot be used.
• Mega Stones are not allowed.
• Items are restricted to Weakness Policy and any Berries that lessen the damage taken from supereffective attacks (for example, Babiri Berry, Charti Berry, or Occa Berry). A Trainer’s Battle Team may not have duplicate items.
• Register three to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
• For additional details, please come back to check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens.
• A Pokémon Trainer Club membership
• A wireless Internet connection
• A Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
• The birth date you have registered in your Pokémon Trainer Club account will determine the age division in which you play. If it’s discovered during the competition that your birthdate information is incorrect, you may be disqualified from the competition and from future competitions.
Source: Pokémon Global Link