A brand-new Famitsu interview has surfaced with Game Freak‘s Shigeru Ohmori and Kazumasa Iwao, in regard to new story details for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. The following tidbits are key points that were revealed:
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are not a sequel to Pokémon Sun and Moon, but the story features “different divergence.”
- The appearance of Ultra Recon Squad will change the story.
- Main Story with different development and there’s a new post game content after beating Pokemon League.
- People who are expecting minor changes like “Emerald” or “Platinum” should be expecting “Ultra Change.”
- There’s new game content where players can roam around the Ultra Hole and go to different dimensions.
- Capturing and raising Pokemon became easier compared to Pokémon Sun and Moon.
- In some of the dimensions that players go through “Ultra Warp Ride,” players will be able to encounter some Legendary Pokémon.
- One of the Pokémon player can encounter is Mewtwo.
- If one just compares the sheer length of the script, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is twice as long compared to Pokémon Sun and Moon.