- The Pokémon GO user interface will reflect each Trainer’s current local weather.
- Certain Pokémon will be more likely to appear frequently in weather that suits them the most.
- These Pokémon will yield bonus Stardust when caught.
- These Pokémon are more likely to have greater potential in battle.
- Move types that match certain weather conditions will deal extra damage in battle.
Developer Comments: When we first started thinking about features we’d be introducing alongside the Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, a dynamic weather system that reflects real-world weather in-game was one of the first concepts that came to mind. This feature brings us one step closer to how we’ve envisioned discovering Pokémon in the real world–further connecting the digital world to the physical world you experience around you.