Despite launching only one year after the original Pokémon Sun and Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have been performing exceptionally well ever since their worldwide debut in November 2017. The latest duo of Pokémon games is already the second best-selling “third version” of a Pokémon game, after officially outselling Pokémon Crystal and Pokémon Emerald. It is also poised to overtake Pokémon Platinum and Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 in terms of sales.
- Pokémon Crystal: 6.39m (as of 12/2014)
- Pokémon Emerald: 7.06m (as of 03/2013)
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon: 7.17m (as of 12/2017)
- Pokémon Platinum: 7.60m (as of 12/2014)
- Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: 8.52 (as of 12/2014)