Steel yourself for some spooky scary shenanigans during Pokémon GO Halloween 2020!
Halloween is frighteningly close! Get ready for some spooky shenanigans this year! Galarian Yamask makes its Pokémon GO debut in new Halloween-themed Special Research, and completing certain Field Research tasks may lead to an encounter with Spiritomb—you might even encounter a Shiny one! Dress up in ghastly new avatar items, prepare face off against spine-chillingly cool Pokémon in raids, and take part in Halloween-themed mini events like Catch Mastery: Ghost Day and the Halloween Cup! Regardless of where your dark heart leads you, there’s plenty to enjoy this Halloween!
Date + Time
Friday, October 23, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Ghost-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, will be featured in raids, and will be hatching more frequently from Eggs.
- This year, Gengar and Sableye will be wearing costumes! Face off with costumed Gengar in raids and keep an eye out for costumed Sableye in the wild—it may even hatch from an Egg!
- Stickers of costumed Pokémon are now available in Gifts.
- Galarian Yamask will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time! Runerigus will also be available for the first time. Complete the new Halloween 2020 Special Research, A Spooky Message Unmasked, to help Professor Willow uncover the mysteries surrounding this Pokémon.
- Spiritomb can be encountered by completing certain Field Research tasks and by completing the new Halloween 2020 Special Research story, A Spooky Message Unmasked. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Trainers who completed the Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research will be able to participate in exclusive Timed Research that will reward Gengar Mega Energy.
- Darkrai will be featured in five-star raids!
- Enjoy Halloween-themed Field Research tasks!
- New avatar items will be available in the Style Shop! Get dressed for Halloween with a Pikachu Mask, Gengar Onesie, Sableye Goggles, Sableye Mask, or Banette Mask! You can also try out the new Spooky Pose!
- Keep those eyes peeled for the Creepy Crate, Boo Bundle, and Pumpkin Pack boxes in the shop!
- Take a snapshot for some spooky surprises!
- 2× Transfer Candy
- 2× Catch Candy
This year’s Halloween event will contain a number of ways to celebrate.
- Alolan Marowak Raid Day — On Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Alolan Marowak will be appearing more often in raids. Alolan Marowak caught during Alolan Marowak Raid Day will know the exclusive move Shadow Bone.
- Catch Mastery: Ghost Day — On Sunday, October 25, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time, Ghost-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild and there will be event-exclusive Timed Research available to complete. More details here.
- GO Battle League: Halloween Cup — From Monday, October 26, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), the Halloween Cup will be live in the GO Battle League. In this format, only Poison-, Bug-, Ghost-, Dark-, and Fairy-type Pokémon with 1500 CP or less will be allowed to participate. You can also earn encounters with costumed Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle!!
Hope you have a spooky good time, Trainers! Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from your local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog