Meltan, Shiny Slowpoke, and More in Pokémon GO’s Pokémon HOME Event
From November 17–23, celebrate the integration of Pokémon HOME with Pokémon GO.
Trainers can now link their Pokémon GO and Pokémon HOME accounts! To commemorate the occasion, there will be an event in Pokémon GO featuring an assortment of exciting Pokémon and Research. From Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, November 23, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. PST, certain Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and featured as Raid Bosses. Here’s a list of Pokémon that will be appearing during the event.
- Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Diglett, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Ditto, Porygon, Hoothoot, Remoraid, Whismur, Lileep, Anorith, Absol, Cottonee, Tirtouga, and Archen will all be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- Alolan Sandshrew, Nidoran (female), Nidoran (male), Alolan Diglett, Slowpoke, Lileep, and Anorith will all be hatching from 5 km Eggs.
- Alolan Vulpix, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Shinx, Timburr, Klink, and more will be featured in raids.
- Lucky Trainers may even encounter a Shiny Slowpoke!
Themed Timed Research and Field Research will also be available. Timed Research rewards during this event will include Pidgeot Mega Energy, Poké Balls, Berries, Slowpoke and Gible encounters, and more. Completing Field Research may lead to encounters with Slowpoke, Ditto, and more. Most notably, Trainers who transfer a Pokémon from Pokémon GO to the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME can activate the Mystery Box in Pokémon GO for an opportunity to encounter the Mythical Pokémon Meltan! Lucky Trainers may even encounter a Shiny one.
From Monday, November 16, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion will be appearing in five-star raids. These Legendary Pokémon from the Unova region would be powerful additions to any team, so Trainers should prepare their strongest Pokémon ahead of their arrival!
Happy Pokémon HOME Event!
Shiny Slowpoke, Shiny Meltan from the Mystery Box, and more during the Pokémon HOME event!
In celebration of Pokémon GO’s integration with Pokémon HOME, a special event will be taking place soon! Activate a Mystery Box during the event, and you might encounter a Shiny Meltan. There’s also plenty of research to enjoy—from Timed Research that rewards Pidgeot Mega Energy to Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with Slowpoke and others! In addition, Mega Pidgeot will receive a CP boost during the event period, so if you haven’t Mega Evolved one yet, this might be a good time to do so.
Date + Time
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Alolan Sandshrew, Zubat, Alolan Diglett, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Ditto, Porygon, Hoothoot, Remoraid, Whismur, Lileep, Anorith, Cottonee, and Foongus.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Nidoran ♀, Nidoran ♂, Slowpoke, Omanyte, Kabuto, Lileep, and Anorith.
- Pokémon such as Alolan Vulpix, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Shinx, Timburr, Klink, and more will be appearing in raids.
- If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Slowpoke! Shiny Slowbro and Shiny Slowking will also be available.
- Event-exclusive Timed Research will reward you Pidgeot Mega Energy, Poké Balls, Berries, encounters with Slowpoke and Gible, and more.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward encounters with Pokémon like Slowpoke and more!
- Mega Pidgeot will receive a CP boost during the event period.
- Be sure to activate the Mystery Box during this time—you might encounter a Shiny Meltan! It seems these Shiny Meltan will go back into hiding after this event is over. We’ll sure be sure to let you know if they’re spotted again in the future.
- From Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- There will be special avatar items available, including the Melmetal Jacket, the Melmetal Vest, Melmetal Shoes, and Grand Oak’s Glasses! Check out the Style Shop to get yours.
Let’s GO celebrate the eagerly awaited Pokémon GO integration with Pokémon HOME, Trainers!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team