Genesect holding a Burn Drive, Shiny Snivy, and More in Pokémon GO’s Unova Celebration
Enjoy a virtual tour through the Unova region with themed encounters, raids, and research.
Get ready to celebrate the Unova region in Pokémon GO! From Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, January 10, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time, you’ll encounter loads of Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Unova region, including—if you’re extremely lucky—a Shiny Snivy.
During the Unova Celebration event, Pokémon like Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Herdier, Blitzle, Scraggy, Trubbish, Gothita, Solosis, and Ferroseed will appear more frequently in the wild. Additionally, Pokémon like Roggenrola, Petilil, Karrablast, Joltik, Elgyem, and Shelmet will be hatching from 5 km Eggs—you might even hatch a Sewaddle or Emolga!
Raid battles will have an Unova flavor, too. One-star and three-star raids will feature Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region, including Tranquill, Excadrill, Dwebble, Amoonguss, and Klink. In five-star raids, you might have a chance to battle and catch a Genesect holding a Burn Drive. This is the first time that this form of the Mythical Pokémon has appeared in Pokémon GO, so don’t miss your chance to catch it! Meanwhile, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids.
There will also be event-exclusive Field Research that leads to encounters with Pokémon such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Ferroseed. Research tasks will also feature rewards like Stardust.
Enjoy the Unova Celebration, Trainers, and get ready for the next walk down memory lane as we head into the Sinnoh region from January 12, 2021, to January 17, 2021 on our march toward the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event in February 2021. Check back later for more details.
Countdown to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto—celebrate the Unova region with us!
Date + Time
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, Herdier, Blitzle, Roggenrola, Drilbur, Scraggy, Tympole, Venipede, Trubbish, Gothita, Solosis, and Ferroseed will be appearing more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Snivy! Shiny Servine and Shiny Serperior will also be available.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Sewaddle, Petilil, Emolga, Karrablast, Joltik, Elgyem, and Shelmet
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Ferroseed.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Timburr, Dwebble, and Klink will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Herdier, Tranquill, Excadrill, and Amoonguss will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Genesect holding a Burn Drive will be appearing in five-star raids. This will be the first time this form of Genesect will be appearing in Pokémon GO, so be sure to catch it while you have the chance! Note that the Shiny form of this Genesect will not be available during this event.
- Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids, with Mega Charizard Y becoming even more powerful from Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. through Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time.
- Stay tuned for Collection Challenges, a new feature in the Today View that’ll make Pokémon GO events all the more exciting to experience! More details to come in early January.
Up next: Sinnoh! An event celebrating the Sinnoh region will be happening from Tuesday, January 12, 2021, to Sunday, January 17, 2021. Stay tuned for more details!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog