Rising to the challenge of January Community Day is none other than Machop!
When you get knocked down, you just have to get back up. Despite losing out on the chance to be featured in last February’s Community Day, Machop, the Superpower Pokémon, never gave up. That resilience has paid off, because Machop will star in the upcoming January Community Day—and you can be sure it’ll make the most of it!
Date + Time
Saturday, January 16, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Machop will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one! Shiny Machoke and Shiny Machamp will also be available.
- Evolve Machoke during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Machamp that knows Payback.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase Machop Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring an Elite Charged TM, four Incense, four Star Pieces, and 30 Ultra Balls.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Machop Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Straight to the Top, Machop! Remember, Trainers—if you purchase a ticket for the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event by Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT −8), you’ll get this Special Research story for free!
Tickets for the Straight to the Top, Machop! Special Research story are now live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3× Catch Stardust
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Trading range will be temporarily increased to 40 km starting on Friday, January 15, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. until Monday, January 18, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8). Remember, Trainers—Machoke that are traded can be evolved without using Candy!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog