Munna and Musharna Debut in Pokémon GO’s annual Valentine’s Day event from February 14–18, 2021
Complete a themed Collection Challenge, add new Pokémon to your Pokédex, and take on event-exclusive Field Research.
Celebrate your love of Pokémon—and add two new entries to your Pokédex—with Pokémon GO’s Valentine’s Day event. From Sunday, February 14, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time, Munna will be making its Pokémon GO debut! During the event, Munna will appear in the wild, show up in one-star Raids, and hatch from 5km Eggs. Looking to spread the love by adding Musharna to your Pokédex? Use a Unova Stone on Munna to evolve the Dream Eater Pokémon into the Drowsing Pokémon.
Complete the Valentine’s-themed Collection Challenge by catching Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Espeon, Umbreon, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Latias, Latios, and Alomomola. Catch at least one of each to receive five Silver Pinap Berries, a Lucky Egg, and an Egg Incubator.
Taking on event-exclusive Field Research tasks will allow you to earn encounters with Pokémon like Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda with a heart pattern, and Alomomola. Be on the lookout for certain Pokémon appearing more frequently in the wild, including Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, and more.
Trainers can also visit the in-game shop for a free bundle with three Remote Raid Passes.
Over the course of the Valentine’s Day event, you can put those free Remote Raid Passes to good use by challenging the following Pokémon to Raid Battles:
One-star raids: Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Feebas, Munna, and Espurr
Three-star raids: Togetic, Espeon, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Alomomola
Five-star raids: Latias and Latios
Mega Raids: Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos
There’s even more to look forward to during the Valentine’s Day event! For instance, Trainers can evolve Kirlia into a Gardevoir or Gallade that knows Synchronoise. Also keep an eye out for event-themed stickers, available in Gifts from your fellow Trainers. To share the love even more, the in-game shop will be carrying new Munna-themed avatar items. And throughout the event, the odds of making a Lucky Trade and becoming Lucky Friends will increase, Pokémon trade distance will be increased to 40km, and Trainers are more likely to receive Berries from Gifts.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Pokémon GO Valentine’s Day celebration 2021
Date + Time
Sunday, February 14, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Munna and Musharna will be making their Pokémon GO debut! Munna will be appearing in the wild. Use a Unova Stone to evolve Munna into Musharna!
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Munna, and more. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Feebas!
- Evolve Kirlia during the event to get a Gardevoir or a Gallade that knows Synchronoise!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Eevee, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Luvdisc, Munna, Woobat, and Cottonee.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- One-star raids: Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Feebas, Munna, and Espurr.
- Three-star raids: Togetic, Espeon, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Alomomola.
- Five-star raids: Latias and Latios
- Mega Raids: Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos.
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research to encounter Pokémon like Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda with a heart pattern, and Alomomola, as well as earn other rewards.
- Complete the Valentine’s Day–themed Collection Challenge during the event by collecting Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Espeon, Umbreon, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Latias, Latios, and Alomomola to receive five Silver Pinap Berries, a Lucky Egg, and an Egg Incubator. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
- During the event, you can pick up a free one-time bundle in the shop featuring three Remote Raid Passes.
- Event-exclusive stickers will be available from Gifts. Be sure to get them while you can!
- New Munna-inspired avatar items will be available in the shop during and after this event.
- Increased chance to become Lucky Friends with your friends
- Increased chance that Pokémon you trade become Lucky Pokémon
- Trade range increased to 40 km
- Increased chance of receiving Berries from Gifts
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog