Pokémon Masters EX, the strategy and battling Pokémon game for mobile platforms, is now available for download on the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). In celebration of the game’s popularity, special in-game events and rewards are being offered for all players to take part in on a regular basis. Read on below to learn more:
Moltres Strategy Tips
The following special parameters will be applied in the battle against Moltres.
- Weather effects caused by you and your opponent are permanent.
Due to the special parameter, Weather that has been activated during battle will remain in effect until replaced by different Weather.
Moltres takes advantage of the special parameter by making the Weather Sunny, then using powerful Passive Skills while the Weather is Sunny.
Sunny Weather increases the power of the opponent’s Fire-type moves, so try to change the Weather to Rain or Sandstorm to prevent the opponent from powering up.
It is a good idea to halt Moltres’s moves for a set amount of time by making it flinch.
However, Moltres’s resistance to the Flinching condition increases every time it recovers from the condition, so it’s best to time your moves wisely.
HP Bar 1
- Moltres is weak against Rock type!
- The opponent will make the Weather Sunny when it appears with full HP, so use Ingo & Excadrill’s Sandstorm to change the Weather to Sandstorm!
- Try to use Lana & Araquanid’s Karpe Diem! to raise the Defense of all allied Sync Pairs to counteract the opponent’s Leer and powerful physical moves!
- The opponent’s Passive Skills will lower your Speed, so try to counteract this with Ingo & Excadrill’s All Aboard! or Passive Skills during a Sandstorm.
- Try attacking with Emmet & Archeops’s Rock Slide to make the opponent flinch!
Recommended Sync Pairs and Tactics
- #1: Ingo & Excadrill
- #2: Lana & Araquanid
- #3: Emmet & Archeops
HP Bar 2
- Moltres’s weakness is now Water type!
- The opponent will make the Weather Sunny when it appears with full HP or when its HP drops below a certain amount, so use May & Swampert’s Rain Dance to change the weather to Rain!
- You can lessen the damage of the opponent’s powerful special moves by using Misty & Starmie’s X Sp. Def All to raise the Sp. Def of all allied Sync Pairs!
- Try to avoid attacks by using May & Swampert’s Muddy Water to lower the opponent’s accuracy while raising your evasiveness with Sygna Suit Elesa & Rotom’s Passive Skill or Misty & Starmie’s Catch Us
If You Can!!
Recommended Sync Pairs and Tactics
- #1: Sygna Suit Elesa & Rotom
- #2: Misty & Starmie
- #3: May & Swampert*
HP Bar 3
- Moltres’s weakness changes back to Rock type, the same as HP Bar 1!
- The opponent will make the Weather Sunny when it appears with full HP or when its HP drops below a certain amount, so use the Player Character & Kabutops (Tech) or Acerola & Palossand’s Sandstorm to change the Weather to Sandstorm!
- You can lower your opponent’s stats with Kukui & Lycanroc’s Leer and Rock Tomb, or with Dawn & Torterra’s Passive Skills!
- Try attacking with Olivia & Lycanroc’s Stone Edge while using Acerola & Palossand’s Astonish to make the opponent flinch!
Recommended Sync Pairs and Tactics: Option 1
- #1: Piers & Obstagoon
- #2: Player Character & Kabutops (Tech)*
- #3: Kukui & Lycanroc
Recommended Sync Pairs and Tactics: Option 2
- #1: Dawn & Torterra*
- #2: Acerola & Palossand
- #3: Olivia & Lycanroc
Note: Sync Pairs listed with an * show the Pokémon in its evolved form.