Pokémon GO developer Niantic is hosting another two-day Pokémon GO Community Day, which takes place on August 14 and August 15 across the globe. It features increased spawns of the iconic Evolution Pokémon, Eevee. Shiny Eevee and the Shiny forms of its evolutions, including Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Leafeon and Sylveon, will also be featured.
Pokémon GO’s August Community Day Embraces the Exceptional Eevee
Catch as many Eevee as you can during this event, which also features special attacks for Eevee’s Evolutions.
Every Pokémon has its day, but some Pokémon are so exceptional that they need two! That’s why Pokémon GO is embracing the exquisite Evolutionary elegance of Eevee with a two-day August Community Day event taking place Saturday, August 14, 2021, and Sunday, August 15, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time each day. During this event, Eevee will be appearing more frequently in the wild, and you might find a Shiny one if you’re lucky! Even if you participated in the last Eevee Community Day event in August 2018, there are still plenty of exciting incentives for you to catch and evolve the Evolution Pokémon during this multiday Eevee extravaganza.
During the event, Eggs will require one quarter of their usual Hatch Distance. Plus, Incense and Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours. You can also purchase a ticket for the Community Day–exclusive Special Research—appropriately titled What You Choose to Be—for US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency) in the in-game shop.
In addition, when you evolve Eevee from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), its Evolution will know a special attack! Vaporeon will sear the opposition with Scald, Jolteon will electrify with Zap Cannon, Flareon will deliver a knockout with Superpower, Espeon will terrify with Shadow Ball, Umbreon will mystify with Psychic, Leafeon will unleash the verdant power of Bullet Seed, Glaceon will wash away the competition with Water Pulse, and Sylveon will shock with Psyshock. Plus, Eevee caught or hatched during this period will know Last Resort.
Evolving Eevee into Sylveon during the weekend will be far easier than normal, requiring you to earn only seven hearts with Eevee as your Buddy Pokémon instead of the usual 70. You can also complete event-exclusive Timed Research that will reward you with a Mossy Lure Module and a Glacial Lure Module, allowing you to evolve Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon respectively. And a limited-time Community Day Box containing 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM will be available for 1,280 PokéCoins.
With eight possible Evolutions for Eevee, you’ll want to earn as much Eevee Candy as you can, so be sure to use Pinap Berries when catching Eevee.
Enjoy catching and evolving Eevee, Trainers!
Eevee Community Day is back—with special attacks for each of Eevee’s Evolutions!
We’re excited to announce that Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon, will be featured during August’s Community Day event—which will span two days instead of just one! And that’s not all: when you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), that Pokémon will know a special attack! During this time, evolving Eevee into Sylveon will also require fewer hearts than usual.
In celebration of Eevee Community Day, stickers inspired by Eevee and its Evolutions will be available throughout August! You can get stickers inspired by Eevee by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop, while stickers inspired by Eevee’s Evolutions will be available exclusively from the shop.
Features and bonuses available throughout the weekend
The following bonuses will be active from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- When you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions, that Pokémon will know a special attack!
- Vaporeon: Scald
- Jolteon: Zap Cannon
- Flareon: Superpower
- Espeon: Shadow Ball
- Umbreon: Psychic
- Leafeon: Bullet Seed
- Glaceon: Water Pulse
- Sylveon: Psyshock
- Eevee caught or hatched during this time will know Last Resort.
- Evolving Eevee into Sylveon will require only seven hearts instead of the usual 70.
- There will be special Timed Research available that rewards a Mossy Lure Module and a Glacial Lure Module.
- There will be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM.
Features and bonuses available during Community Day hours only
The following features and bonuses will be available on Saturday, August 14, 2021, and Sunday, August 15, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time on each day.
- Eevee will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Eevee Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, What You Choose to Be.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the What You Choose to Be Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- Eggs will require one quarter their usual Hatch Distance.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
It’s going to be an exciting weekend for Eevee fans worldwide, so you definitely won’t want to miss out on this special Community Day event! Which of Eevee’s Evolutions are you most excited to add to your collection? Let us know with #PokemonGOCommunityDay. Let’s GO!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog