Pokémon GO is being updated to a new version across all capable iOS and Android devices. The latest update is being rolled out to iOS and Android devices, respectively. According to patch notes from the development team at Niantic, the latest update implements various bug fixes and improvements for an overall smoother experience.
What’s New in Version 1.193.0 (iOS)
Trainers, there’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
– The Season of Heritage continues with the Mountains of Power event!
– Join us for January Community Day on January 16, 2022, and have a ball with Spheal!
– Added various quality-of-life improvements.
What’s New in Version 0.227.0 (Android)
This holiday season, we’re excited to launch the Postcard Book feature!
The Postcard Book will let you save memories from locations that you or your friends have visited. You can now simply pin a Postcard to your Postcard Book.
0.227 Release Notes
Note: For Apple Users, this release will show as version 1.193 in the App Store.
Last updated: January 6th, 2021
Release notes may be posted before the release is available to all Trainers. Please check your app store for the latest version of Pokémon GO available to you.
Quality of Life
- When there is unread News, the “News” text in the Pokéball menu will turn blue instead of orange
- The overflow number of Items or Pokémon will now appear in orange instead of red
- The bonus rewards from a powered up Pokéstop will now have a blue background
- Mitigated an issue where Pokémon such as Aerodactyl were flying too high for Trainers to catch
- Fixed an issue where setting Mega Gengar sometimes locked Trainer into their profile view and set their level to 00
- Mitigated an issue where Trainers would be unable to catch Pokémon during a raid encounter if they received “Network Error (2)”
- Fixed an issue where Gift icon would sometimes show up when a Friend requested a trade, even when the Friend had not also sent a Gift
- Fixed an issue where when swapping a Trainer’s Buddy, multiple taps on the swap button got counted against the daily swap limit
- Fixed an issue where if the user has Dark Mode enabled on Android, the buttons in the Map View would come up black to match Dark Mode
- Fixed an issue where the power up animation for a PokéStop did not always play after submitting a scan
- Fixed an issue where the text on the “Share Friend Code” button was overflowing in Spanish
- Fixed an issue where Ferroseed and Inkay sometimes did not fit on the Trainer Achievement cards
- Fixed an issue where the encounter music would not stop playing after the Trainer flees the encounter
- Fixed an issue where the sound effect when transferring multiple Pokémon was sometimes loud and distorted
Source: Official Pokémon GO support page