Roggenrola Rocks Out in Pokémon GO September 2022 Community Day on Sunday, September 18, 2022
Roll out with special event bonuses, a Special Research story, four-star raids, and more.
Roggenrola is the next Pokémon to don the esteemed mantle of Pokémon GO Community Day’s featured Pokémon. The Rock-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region brings its fierce—and mysterious—energy to September’s Community Day, which will take place on Sunday, September 18, 2022, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. local time. Roggenrola will appear more frequently in the wild—determined Trainers may even be able to chase down a Shiny one! Evolve Roggenrola’s first Evolution, Boldore, during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Gigalith that knows the Charged Attack Meteor Beam.
In addition, the following bonuses will be in effect during the event.
- 1/4 Hatch Distance for Eggs placed in Incubators during the event.
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL for catching Pokémon.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event last for three hours.
- Incense activated during the event lasts for three hours.
- Trades require 50% less Stardust (active until 10:00 p.m. local time).
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day (active until 10:00 p.m. local time).
Rock, roll, and research with a Roggenrola Community Day–exclusive Special Research story titled Rock ’n’ Roll. Trainers can purchase tickets in the in-game shop for US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency). Additionally, Trainers can purchase tickets for friends that they’ve reached a friendship level of Great Friends or higher with. To give the gift of rockin’ research, simply tap the Gift button when purchasing a ticket. Certain restrictions apply.
Extend the Community Day fun with four-star Raid Battles featuring Boldore from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time. After successfully defeating Boldore in a Raid Battle, Roggenrola will appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. Lucky Trainers might even encounter a Shiny one! These four-star raids can only be accessed via Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes—they cannot be joined via a Remote Raid Pass.
Get ready to rock this Pokémon GO Community Day, Trainers!