The release of Pokémon GO in the summer of 2016 and of Pokémon Sun and Moon last holiday season generated some massive income for The Pokémon Company. Net profit reached a staggering $143.3 million in the fiscal year that ended on February 28, 2017, which was the company’s 19th fiscal in its history. In comparison to the previous fiscal, net profit jumped by a factor of 26. Here is The Pokémon Company’s net profit for the last five years:
- 15th fiscal (for the year that ended on February 28, 2013): US$16.6 million
- 16th fiscal: US$10.6 million
- 17th fiscal: US$18.4 million
- 18th fiscal: US$5.6 million
- 19th fiscal: US$143.3 million
The rise in profits also helped Nintendo (7974) to significantly boost their numbers last fiscal. Nintendo owns 32 percent of voting rights in The Pokémon Company. According to investment bank CLSA, Nintendo owns another 10% of Creatures Inc., a developer affiliated with The Pokémon Company.
Source: Serkan Toto