The recent launch of Legendaries made Pokémon GO shoot up to the top of the “Highest Grossing” charts in app stores across the globe, but according to new data from Sensor Tower, Niantic’s immensely-popular mobile game just had its most profitable day since launch. The release of Legendaries has been immensely profitable for the game, which is making close to $6 million a day. Arguably, the real moneymaker is mostly related to one major aspect – Raid Passes. The sheer amount of value you get out of constantly purchasing Raid Passes above and beyond your one free one per day is immense. To recap, Raid Passes give players the following in-game items:
- Golden razzberries, one of the most valuable catching tools in the game.
- An endless supply of revives.
- TMs, one of the most important items in the game as they let you re-roll move sets.
- Rare candy, which can save you literally hundreds of km in walking as it can be applied to any Pokémon.
- A large amount of XP.
- Candy from whatever you catch.
- The ability to outright capture a large number of the most powerful Pokémon in the game, often stage two or three evolutions that would have taken weeks or months to evolve yourself.
- And now raids are the only place to find Legendary Pokémon as they don’t spawn in the wild or hatch from eggs.