The Pikachu Cake Pan has been added to the kitchen products section at ThinkGeek, where you can grab it for the discounted price of $14.99 for a limited time before it returns to $19.99. Its official product description is as follows:
I CHOOSE YOU! (THEN I CHEWS YOU!)
You know Eddie Izzard’s sketch about cake or death? ProTip: when given this choice, always choose cake. So, yes, we can definitively tell this Pikachu, “I choose you!”
Much like your collection of Pokémon, all cakes are good. You just gravitate toward some more than others. Whether it’s chocolate or yellow, dense or light, we can all agree that cakes are the way to go. So break out your recipedex (or a box of cake mix) and whip up your own Pikachu cake in whatever flavor you like best. Just trust us when we say to stay away from red velvet.
Tips from the back of the packaging:
- Lower recommended baking temperature by 25° F.
- Place pan on a baking sheet for stability.
- Grease the head and body area of the pan; fill 3/4 full with batter, leaving the ears and tail empty.
- Bake for just over half the recommended time.
- Remove from oven. Grease the ears and tail; fill 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake for the remaining time. Remove cake from oven and test.
- If not done, back for additional 5 minute intervals until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Trim any overflow.
- Pokémon Pikachu Cake Pan
- Officially-licensed Pokémon merchandise
- A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive
- Great for making Pokémon cakes, gelatin creations, and massive candies
- Capacity: 4 cups of batter, c. 32 fluid ounces (note that this is to the recommended fill level, so folks making gelatin or candy versions of Pikachu will need a bit more)
- Materials: Food-safe silicone
- Care Instructions: Oven, microwave, and dishwasher safe
- Dimensions: 12″ tall x 9″ wide x 2 1/2″ deep