Hot on the heels of the 2018 International Challenge January, the next Online Competition for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon has been announced. The next Online Competition featuring the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon games focuses on the mighty Pokémon from the Sinnoh region. In the Ultra Sinnoh Classic Competition, Trainers create a team using only Pokémon found in the Sinnoh Pokédex, excluding Mythical and some Legendary Pokémon. (See the competition regulations for a complete list of eligible Pokémon.)
The competition features Single Battles with teams of three to six Pokémon, of which three will compete in each match. Pokémon brought in via Poké Transporter will be permitted in battle. All Pokémon above and below Lv. 50 will be set to Lv. 50 for the duration of the battles. There are no item restrictions except that Mega Stones and Z-Crystals are banned, and no duplicate items are allowed. There will be a 10-minute player clock, with 60-second turns.
All qualified participants in the Ultra Sinnoh Classic Online Competition will receive 50 Battle Points. Players must complete at least one battle to qualify. Registration for the Ultra Sinnoh Classic Online Competition starts Thursday, February 15, 2018, at 00:00 UTC.
The competition goes from Friday, February 23, at 00:00 UTC, until Sunday, February 25, 2018, at 23:59 UTC. Trainers will be limited to 15 battles per day.
All Trainers will need a Pokémon Trainer Club account, a wireless internet connection, and their own Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon video game with a party of eligible Pokémon. See the competition regulations for more details. Good luck, Trainers!
Ultra Sinnoh Classic Online Competition Information
Thursday, February 15, 2018, at 00:00 UTC, through Thursday, February 22, 2018, at 23:59 UTC
• You must sign up during this period to participate in the competition.
• You may sign up for the competition once per game registered to your PGL account.
Friday, February 23, 2018, at 00:00 UTC, through Sunday, February 25, 2018, at 23:59 UTC
Qualified participants will receive 50 Battle Points. Players must complete at least one battle to qualify.
Junior/Senior Division: Born 2003 or later
Masters Division: Born 2002 or earlier
• Junior/Senior Division players are limited to playing between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., based on the easternmost time zone in each player’s country.
Ranking Results Announcement
March 2018 (announcement time subject to change)
Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon
• This competition uses Single Battle format.
• Eligible Pokémon are restricted to Pokémon found in the Sinnoh Pokédex. Regional variants of eligible Pokémon are prohibited.
• Mythical and some Legendary Pokémon cannot be used.
• Items are allowed, but Mega Stones, Z-Crystals, and duplicate items in a Battle Team are prohibited.
• Register three to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 60 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 times per day of the competition. Any unplayed games carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
• For additional details, please check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens.
• A Pokémon Trainer Club membership
• A wireless internet connection
• A Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
• The birth date you have registered in your Pokémon Trainer Club account will determine the age division in which you play. If it’s discovered during the competition that your birth-date information is incorrect, you may be disqualified from the competition and future competitions.
Source: Pokémon Global Link