If you don’t own a New Nintendo 3DS system yet, now might be a good time to invest in one. Costco is currently listing a New Nintendo 3DS XL bundle with Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for $179.97. To take advantage of this deal, click here. The official product description is as follows:
Shipping & Handling Included*
- Includes AC Adapter and 2 games
- C Stick for enhanced controls
- Built-in amiibo compatibility and NFC support
- Faster processing power than Nintendo 3DS and Face tracking 3D
- Use Parental Controls to restrict 3D mode for children 6 and under
- The estimated delivery time will be approximately 3 – 5 business days from the time of order.
The New Nintendo 3DS™ XL system is the most feature-rich Nintendo handheld ever. Its glasses-free, face-tracking 3D tech will immerse you in eye-popping 3D like never before. With an upgraded processor, a second control stick, four shoulder buttons and amiibo™ compatibility, it’s fast, versatile, and home to all of Nintendo’s best portable games.
New Nintendo 3DS XL brings super-stable face-tracking 3D to the full library of Nintendo 3DS games including Super Mario 3D Land™, Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Kart™ 7, Fantasy Life™, and new games like The Legend of Zelda™: Majora’s Mask 3D and Monster Hunter™ 4 Ultimate. Face-tracking 3D ensures you always have the best view into the immersive glasses-free 3D screen with a wider viewing angle, while interfaces like the added C-stick enhance your control in games like Super Smash Bros.™ for Nintendo 3DS. And now you can unlock the power of amiibo in compatible games by tapping compatible amiibo directly to the touch screen.
- Black New Nintendo 3DS XL
- AC Adapter
- AR Cards
- Memory Card
- Instruction Manual
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Plus, it comes with built-in software so you can play right away.
- AR Games™
- Face Raiders™
- Mii Maker™
- StreetPass™ Mii Plaza™
- Activity Log
- Nintendo eShop3
- Nintendo 3DS™ Browser3
- Nintendo 3DS™ Camera
- Nintendo 3DS™ Sound
- Have fun adventures with characters like Mario™, Peach™, Yoshi™, Link™, and Pikachu™. The Nintendo 3DS family of systems are home to tons of high-quality games you can’t find anyplace else.
Play even more games
- You can still play all Nintendo 3DS games and nearly all games from previous systems such as Nintendo DS and DSi. And, some future titles will be exclusively playable on the New Nintendo 3DS XL.
- Games leap to life with super-stable 3D. The face-tracking feature uses the system’s inner cameras to adjust images based on your viewing angle, so you can enjoy total immersion in your games.
- The C stick brings new control possibilities (like intuitive camera control) to compatible games.
- And, new ZL and ZR buttons give you more options than ever.
Built-in amiibo support
- Tap an amiibo™ figure to the near-field communication (NFC) reader on the lower screen to enjoy amiibo features in compatible games.
- Get bonus items and content, customize your character, and more when you use amiibo figures (like Mario!) with amiibo-compatible games.
- Improved CPU performance means faster loading times, so you spend more time playing. Many games will look and play better than ever—and several upcoming games will be built from the ground up to take advantage of this power boost.
Easy data sharing
- You can transfer your photos, music, and other files between a PC and your system’s microSDHC** card via a wireless network. No need to remove the microSDHC card!
Digital game store
- Find and buy new games—without leaving the house. From the latest releases to retro hits, there’s a huge variety to choose from. And for under $10, you’ll find tons of classic games perfect for sharing with the kids. Shop 24/7 on Nintendo.com or visit the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS system.
Fun ways to connect
- With the StreetPass™a feature, your system can exchange certain game data such as Mii™ characters with other players who also have their systems. Then when you visit StreetPass Mii Plaza, your characters can meet, greet, and play fun games. And of course, you can also play with friends locally or online in compatible games.
- The new-and-improved Internet browser lets you watch videos and surf the Web with ease. You can even use the ZL/ZR buttons to switch tabs or zoom in with the C stick.
- Enjoy better results when you take photos in low-light situations.
- Create your own Mii™ characters, exchange them with others, and play games with the characters you collect. Another way to show off your style: Themes for your HOME Menu, complete with music and animations.
- 3D cameras: Take cool 3D photos and record your own 3D videos.
- AR cards: View the six included cards with your system’s 3D camera and watch as characters leap into your world.
- 3D viewing: Super-stable, face-tracking 3D viewing takes games to a whole new level.
- Circle pad: Allows 360˚ control.
- Touch screen: A touch-sensitive display screen controlled by the stylus.
- ZL / ZR buttons and L /R: Two sets of back buttons for more control options
- C stick: A control stick perfect for subtle movements.
- amiibo compatible: Get bonus items and content, customize your character, and more when you use amiibo figures (like Mario!) with amiibo-compatible games.
- NFC reader: A built-in near-field communication (NFC) reader makes it easy to use amiibo figures with compatible games.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D takes the Nintendo 64™ classic – one of the most critically acclaimed games ever made – and returns it to the Nintendo 3DS system with the added depth and realism of stunning, glasses free 3D visuals. In this game, Link™ sets off on a legendary journey through time to stop Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves who is seeking the Triforce, a holy relic that gives its holder ultimate power. The graphical upgrades and three-dimensional depth breathe new life into the expansive world of Hyrule. An improved and intuitive interface, coupled with the easier navigation offered by playing in a world with 3D visuals, give players better control as they solve puzzles, travel through time and explore this immersive world. Whether you’re a first-time player or a regular visitor to Hyrule, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a new adventure for everyone.
- A Zelda classic now in glasses-free 3D. Amazing 3D visuals and a complete graphical overhaul bring one of gaming’s most beloved and celebrated franchises to life, putting the awe-inspiring world in the palm of your hand for you to explore whenever you like.
- New controls using the Nintendo 3DS system’s technologies. The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D retains the analog control of the original with the Circle Pad on Nintendo 3DS, but greatly improves ease of use with a touch-based inventory system.
- Switching items has never been simpler or quicker. Players can also use the first-person shooting (camera-controlled) feature utilizing the gyro sensor.
- Rated E10+
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is the first portable entry in the renowned series, in which game worlds collide. Up to four players battle each other locally or online using some of Nintendo’s most well-known and iconic characters across beautifully designed stages inspired by classic portable Nintendo games. It’s a genuine, massive Super Smash Bros. experience that’s available to play on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Smash and crash through “Smash Run” mode, a new mode exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version that gives up to four players five minutes to fight solo through a huge battlefield while taking down recognizable enemies from almost every major Nintendo franchise and multiple third-party partners. Defeated enemies leave behind power-ups to collect. Players who collect more power-ups have an advantage once time runs out and the battle with opponents begins.
- Compete with classic characters from the Super Smash Bros. series like Mario, Link, Samus and Pikachu, along with new challengers like Mega Man, Little Mac and newly announced Palutena, the Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus games. For the first time players can even compete as their own Mii characters.
- Customize different aspects of your character when playing locally or online with friends in a variety of multiplayer modes.
- View most elements of the high-energy action at silky-smooth 60 frames per second and in eye-popping stereoscopic 3D.
- Fight against friends and family locally or online, or battle random challengers all over the world online in “For Fun” or “For Glory” modes.