More Pokémon Arriving in Pokémon GO
Your Pokémon GO adventures are about to get even bigger when Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Sinnoh region arrive in the game. Stock up on Poké Balls, Berries, and Lure Modules, and tighten up the laces on your favorite walking shoes, because a whole lot more Pokémon are out there waiting to be discovered!
Along with the additional Pokémon, several tweaks to game balance are also being implemented based on Trainer feedback. These changes are designed to promote an improved overall experience. Check below for the specifics:
Changes to Pokémon Migration and Behavior
As you explore the world of Pokémon GO, the following changes will affect the Pokémon that appear around you:
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle
The in-game battle mechanics are being rebalanced. You may notice some of the following changes in the coming weeks:
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
Look for all of these changes and additions coming soon, and expect further tweaks in the future designed to help Trainers and their Pokémon reach their full potential. For now, though, get out there and continue filling up your Pokédex!