To lead up to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate‘s launch on December 7, Nintendo has been partnering with Wendy’s College Tailgate Tour to bring the game to notable football matchups to let fans play the game before heading into the stadium to cheer on their favorite team. The setup features a customized Super Smash Bros. Ultimate branded trailer with six gameplay stations and a large LED screen in dedicated tailgate areas outside of major college stadiums so fans can gather, play and cheer each other on as they compete in epic battles featuring their favorite video game characters – and maybe even emerge victorious against their own real-life rivals. Also as part of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tailgate Tour, some of the Tennessee Titans players tried out the game for themselves.
The complete schedule is as follows:
- Sept. 22 – Stanford @ Oregon
- Oct. 6 – Alabama @ Arkansas
- Oct. 13 – Wisconsin @ Michigan
- Oct. 20 – Oklahoma @ TCU
- Oct. 27 – Clemson @ FSU
- Nov. 3 – South Carolina @ Ole Miss
- Nov. 10 – TCU @ West Virginia
- Nov. 17 – Miami @ Virginia Tech
- Nov. 24 – Michigan @ Ohio State
- Dec. 7 – The launch of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
- Jan. 1, 2019 – Rose Bowl Game