Taking Photos with GO Snapshot
With GO Snapshot, you’ll be able to select any Pokémon in your Pokémon bag to pose and take a picture of it with your camera.
How to use GO Snapshot
- Tap on the Pokémon you want to take an GO Snapshot of in your Pokémon Storage.
- Tap the camera icon in the upper-right corner.
- If you are not using AR+, then your Pokémon will already be placed for you.
- If you are using AR+, slowly pan your camera over a flat, open surface (like the ground or a tabletop). A shimmery effect with yellow footsteps will appear once your device has detected your environment.
- Tap on the shimmery effect to place your Pokémon on the flat surface.
- You can move around to find the best angles for your shot. Tap your Pokémon and it will strike a pose. You can also brush your Pokémon to get its attention.
- Once ready, tap the camera icon to take your GO Snapshot. You can take multiple shots and they are saved to your device’s memory.
- When your photo shoot is over, tap the exit icon in the upper-left corner. You’ll then see a gallery of your photos from that photoshoot.
Source: Official Pokémon GO support page