Niantic has announced the second Limited Research event for Pokémon GO players across the globe. It will feature the Water-type Pokémon Clamperl and its evolutions – Huntail and Gorebyss – as the main highlights. Read on below for more details:
Event Date + Time
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Feb. 23, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: Feb. 23, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Asia-Pacific: Feb. 24, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
- Spin the Photo Disc at nearby PokéStops to obtain Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with Clamperl.
- Receive 2× Catch Stardust for Water-type Pokémon during the three-hour window.
- Water-type Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild during the event.
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will award you encounters with Clamperl.
- Clamperl has two potential Evolutions—Huntail and Gorebyss—but you won’t know which of the two Pokémon your Clamperl will become until its Evolution is complete.
- While you’re completing research, keep an eye out for other Water-type Pokémon, such as Krabby and Wailmer.
- There’s also a new Event Box now available in the in-game shop with 30 Ultra Balls, three Premium Raid Passes, two Egg Incubators and 15 Pinap Berries for 480 PokéCoins.
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog