Niantic recently held the first-ever Pokémon GO Limited Research Day, which took place in various territories across the globe on January 19. The star of the event was the Fish Pokémon Feebas, which evolves into the majestic Milotic. Shiny Feebas and Shiny Milotic have also made their Pokémon GO debuts. See more details below:
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Jan. 19, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: Jan. 19, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Asia-Pacific: Jan. 20, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
- Limited Research tasks were available when you spun Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks rewarded you with encounters with Feebas.
- You may have encounterd a Shiny Feebas!
Feebas migrate quickly during Limited Research, but as long as you’ve collected the Limited Research during the event window, you can complete it at any time. Don’t forget: you’ll need to venture onward to many PokéStops in order to get new Field Research tasks and encounter as many Feebas as possible. Once you receive a Field Research task from a PokéStop, you won’t be able to get a new task from that same PokéStop on that day.