Niantic has announced the first-ever Pokémon GO Limited Research Day, which is set to take place on January 19. The star of the upcoming event will be the Fish Pokémon Feebas, which evolves into the majestic Milotic. Shiny Feebas and Shiny Milotic will also make their Pokémon GO debuts on the same day. The official announcement from the development team is as follows:
Discover more with Limited Research, featuring Feebas!
It’s time to put your research skills to work and collect Field Research that looks closely at a certain Pokémon species — let’s do some Limited Research! While the Water-type Pokémon Feebas may not look like much, there’s plenty to learn about the Fish Pokémon! Spin the Photo Disc at nearby PokéStops to obtain Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with Feebas. And, if you’re lucky, you just might find a Shiny Feebas! See more details below:
Event Date + Time
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Jan. 19, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: Jan. 19, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Asia-Pacific: Jan. 20, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will reward you with encounters with Feebas.
- You may encounter a Shiny Feebas!
Feebas migrate quickly during Limited Research, so exploring is key! As long as you’ve collected the Limited Research during the event window, you can complete it at any time. Don’t forget: you’ll need to venture onward to many PokéStops in order to get new Field Research tasks and encounter as many Feebas as possible!
We’re looking forward to seeing you out in the field! Stay safe and happy exploring!
—The Pokémon GO team