Niantic has kicked off another Battle Showdown event for Pokémon GO players across the globe, giving you a chance to level up Gym Badges, earn Stardust and show your team pride during this limited-time event. Read on below for more details:
Date + Time Mar. 5, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Mar. 12, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Fighting-type Pokémon like Mankey, Machop, Makuhita, and Meditite will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Shiny Mankey, Shiny Primeape, Shiny Machop, Shiny Machoke and Shiny Machamp can now be found and caught for the first time in Pokémon GO.
- 2× Catch, Battle, and Raid Stardust
- 2× XP for Gym Badges
- Earn up to five rewards per day from Trainer Battles, including Rare Candy.
- Earn up to three rewards per day from challenging team leaders, including Rare Candy.
Move A new move has been permanently added to the game. Power-Up Punch is now available for certain Pokémon, such as Poliwrath, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Medicham and Lucario.
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog