The Equinox 2019 event has been announced for Pokémon GO players across the globe. This in-game event features increased spawns of various Grass-type Pokémon, such as Oddish. Read on below for more information from the development team at Niantic:
With spring days arriving in the northern hemisphere and autumn quickly approaching in the southern hemisphere, it’s the perfect time to celebrate the coming equinox with some Grass-type Pokémon.
- Mar. 19, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT to Mar. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Grass-type Pokémon—like Oddish, Exeggcute, Sunkern, and Shroomish—appear more frequently in the wild.
- Lunatone and Solrock have switched hemispheres at the start of the event in celebration of the equinox.
- These Pokémon will stay in their new hemispheres after the event.
- Shiny Solrock and Shiny Lunatone can now be found and caught in Pokémon GO for the first time.
- Grass-type Pokémon are available to challenge in raids.
- Limited-time Grass-type Pokémon Field Research is available during this event.
New moves have been permanently added to the game.
- Acid Spray: Arbok, Victreebel, Tentacruel, Muk, Alolan Muk, Quagsire, Qwilfish, Octillery, and Swalot.
- Leaf Tornado: Victreebel, Shiftry, and Tropius.