Weather-focused Limited Research featuring Lotad is taking place for Pokémon GO players across the globe, including the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East, India, the Americas and Greenland. Read on below for more details from the development team at Niantic:
Professor Willow is looking to conduct Limited Research on the impact of weather on Pokémon, with a focus on the Water- and Grass-type Pokémon Lotad. Spin Photo Discs at nearby PokéStops to obtain Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with this Water Weed Pokémon. While you’re completing research, keep an eye out for other Pokémon that could be impacted by weather conditions, such as Castform.
Date + Time
- Mar. 30, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in your local time zone.
- Pokémon that appear due to weather conditions will appear more frequently during the event.
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will award you encounters with Lotad.
- Shiny Lotad, Shiny Lombre, Shiny Ludicolo and Shiny Castform in its Normal form have made their Pokémon GO debuts.
- A new Event Box is now available to purchase with 30 Ultra Balls, two Premium Raid Passes, three Egg Incubators and two Lucky Eggs for 480 PokéCoins.
- The move Weather Ball for Castform has been permanently added to the game.
As long as you’ve collected the Limited Research during the event window, you can complete it at any time. Don’t forget—you’ll need to venture onward to many PokéStops in order to get new Field Research tasks and encounter as many Lotad as possible.