Weather–focused Limited Research featuring Lotad recently took place for Pokémon GO players across the globe, including the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East, India, the Americas and Greenland. Read on below for more details from the development team at Niantic:
Date + Time
- Mar. 30, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in your local time zone.
- Pokémon that appear due to weather conditions appeared more frequently during the event.
- Limited Research tasks were available when you spun Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks awarded you encounters with Lotad.
- Shiny Lotad, Shiny Lombre, Shiny Ludicolo and Shiny Castform in its Normal form made their Pokémon GO debuts.
- A new Event Box was made available to purchase with 30 Ultra Balls, two Premium Raid Passes, three Egg Incubators and two Lucky Eggs for 480 PokéCoins.
- The move Weather Ball for Castform has been permanently added to the game.