Niantic is hosting a new process for registering for live events in Pokémon GO, starting with the upcoming Pokémon GO Fest in Chicago. Pokémon GO Fest Chicago ticket drawing is taking place from April 22 to April 24 at 2 p.m. PT. Fans will be allowed to purchase up to four tickets in total. Read on below for all the details from the development team:
Pokémon GO Fest 2019 – Chicago
This year, we’re excited to bring Pokémon GO Fest Chicago to the iconic Grant Park. Starting from Thursday, June 13th through Sunday, June 16th, you’ll be able to explore Pokémon habitats and complete Special Research with thousands of Trainers from around the world.
Pokémon GO Fest Chicago is a ticketed event with limited availability. Your ticket is linked to your Pokémon GO account and attendance is restricted to one specific date per person. When purchasing, pay close attention to your ticket date as you will not be able to change it or attend a different date.Anyone who attempts to attend multiple days will be rejected and their tickets may be voided without a refund. Trainers who do not have a valid ticket will be unable to see or interact with Pokémon within the park. However, many Pokémon featured in Pokémon GO Fest habitats will be appearing all around the world on June 13th – June 16th.
There are two types of tickets:
- General (event access from 11am-7pm) – $25
- Early Access (event access from 9am-7pm) – $35
Each ticket is linked to a specific entrance gate (North or South). Please note that you must check in at that entrance gate on the day that your ticket is valid for.
For the latest information, please visit the official event page.
How do I get a ticket?
CURRENT STATUS: Ticket drawing period opens April 22
- Starting April 22, you can enter a drawing to purchase tickets through the new “Events” icon on the Main Menu.
- During this drawing registration, you’ll provide a contact email address that we will use to inform you if you were selected to purchase tickets. You will not receive a confirmation for entering the drawing.
- On April 24 at 7am PT, the drawing period closes. We’ll randomly select winners on a rolling basis until all tickets are sold. Please check the in-app “Events” page regularly during this period to find out whether you were selected!
- If you are selected, you will receive purchase instructions via the contact email you provided. You will have up to 48 hours from when you are selected to complete your purchase. Please note that the deadline included in this email is in GMT.
- Winners will be able to purchase up to 4 tickets for themselves and/or their friends (must be Great Friends or higher). Make sure to have all the Trainer Nicknames handy and spelled correctly.
- Once the purchase is complete, you’re all set! You’ll be able to check-in on your account at the entrance gate on the day that your ticket is valid for.
Note: All event ticket sales are final. Refunds and transfers are not allowed.
How do child accounts get tickets?
Minors are able to attend when accompanied by a parent or guardian. In order to purchase tickets, their parent or guardian must enter themselves into the drawing and reserve a ticket for themselves and for any children that will be attending. Keep in mind that everyone for whom the tickets are purchased for must have their own Pokémon GO account. The email associated with the parent/guardian’s Pokémon GO account must match the parent/guardian’s email address on file with Niantic Kids/Pokémon Trainer Club.
For more information on registering for events, see “Registering for Live Events”.