On April 25, 2019 a new software update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate became available for download. Please take a moment to download and install this update while your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the Internet.
- Games & More
- A bug where winning with a Final Smash while on Joker’s route in Classic Mode would prevent the game from progressing has been fixed.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
- The latest software version is required to use Online mode.
- Local wireless play is not compatible with Ver. 3.0.0 and earlier. All players who want to fight in local wireless battles need to make sure they have the same software version.
- There is replay compatibility with Ver. 3.0.0, but not with Ver. 2.0.2 and earlier.
Source: Nintendo Support