More Pokémon originally discovered in the Sinnoh region have arrived in Pokémon GO! From seas and beaches to mountains and beyond, be on the lookout for Cherubi, Cherrim, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Hippopotas, Hippowdon and others. Also arriving in Pokémon GO is a powerful Ground-type move—Earth Power!
Inspired by research collected from around the world, three upgraded Lure Modules have been developed. These modules attract Pokémon in the surrounding area while creating a temporary special habitat. You can now harness the power of Glacial Lure Modules, Mossy Lure Modules and Magnetic Lure Modules. These lures can also cause Evolution in certain Pokémon. More details on these new additions:
- Additional Sinnoh Pokémon are now available to catch in the wild and hatch from Eggs.
- Earth Power is a powerful Ground-type Charged Attack that could lower your opponent’s defense in Trainer Battles.
- Certain Pokémon recently arrived from the Sinnoh region will know Earth Power.
- Other Pokémon that could know Earth Power include Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Aerodactyl, Camerupt, and Claydol.
- Glacial Lure Modules, Mossy Lure Modules, and Magnetic Lure Modules can be obtained in the in-game shop and will be available later this season as rewards for completing new Special Research tasks.
- These Lure Modules attract local Pokémon as well as bonus Pokémon based on the type of lure.
- Glacial Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that love the cold, such as Water- and Ice-Type Pokémon.
- Mossy Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that love to frolic among the leaves, such as Bug-, Grass-, and Poison-Type Pokémon.
- Magnetic Lure Modules attract certain Pokémon that are drawn to electromagnetic forces, such as some Electric-, Steel-, and Rock-type Pokémon.
- When Trainers are within range of a PokéStop with an active lure of the appropriate type, and they can successfully spin its Photo Disc, Evolution of Magneton and Nosepass will be enabled, as well as certain Evolutions of Eevee.
- You can choose whether or not to proceed with these special Evolutions on the Pokémon’s detail screen.