The leaders of Team GO Rocket and Giovanni have officially invaded the world of Pokémon GO. Meanwhile, the Team GO Rocket leader disruption event is now underway in Pokémon GO until November 14 at 1 p.m. PST. Read on below for all the details:
The Team GO Rocket Leaders have disrupted Pokémon habitats!
The movement of the Team GO Rocket Leaders seems to have disrupted Pokémon habitats, and certain Pokémon have apparently become more common! We have yet to understand why these Pokémon in particular are suddenly appearing more frequently. Perhaps they have some special significance wherever Team GO Rocket came from?
Date + Time
- Thursday, November 7, 2019, at 1 p.m. PST until Thursday, November 14, 2019, at 1 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Oddly specific Pokémon have started appearing more often, like Ekans, Meowth, and Koffing! Our research has found that if you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Meowth in the wild or in raids!
- Raids will feature Pokémon that we believe are significant to Team GO Rocket and the Team GO Rocket Boss, Giovanni!
In addition, we have made the following discoveries.
- Team GO Rocket has started using the following Shadow Pokémon: Sandshrew, Bellsprout, Magnemite, Porygon, and Wobbuffet.
- The Team GO Rocket Leaders seem to be the only Team GO Rocket members who now have access to the following Shadow Pokémon: Meowth, Scyther, and Sneasel! The only question is…which leader has which Pokémon?
Our information is incomplete, and investigations into this phenomenon are ongoing, so be on the lookout for other surprises! In the meantime, Trainers, keep exploring the world around you, and let us know what you discover.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog