Pokémon GO Lunar New Year Event
Date + Time
- Certain red Pokémon will be featured. Charmeleon, Vulpix, Parasect, Voltorb, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Slugma, Wurmple, Corphish, Kricketot, and Foongus will appear more frequently in the wild!
- Gyashaa! If you’re lucky, you might spot a Gyarados in the wild. Will you be lucky enough to encounter the coveted red Shiny Gyarados?
- Darumaka will hatch from 7 km Eggs. Some red Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs, such as Shuckle and Foongus. Making their Pokémon GO debuts will be Darumaka and Darmanitan, the Zen Charm Pokémon!
- Gifts will have a chance of rewarding you with Rare Candies, so be sure to send and open lots of Gifts with your friends.
- Be sure to trade more often with your friends—the likelihood of becoming Lucky Friends will be increased.
- When you trade a Pokémon, there will be an increased chance it will become a Lucky Pokémon.
Minccino Limited Research
In celebration of the Year of the Rat, Minccino, the Chinchilla Pokémon, will be appearing in Pokémon GO for a special Limited Research event. Professor Willow has also uncovered that Minccino can evolve into Cinccino through use of a Unova Stone!
Date + Time
Sunday, February 2, 2020, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Field Research: Minccino Limited Research tasks will allow you to encounter Minccino.
- Pokémon that fit the theme of the Year of the Rat will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Look out for Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Sentret, Marill, Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Bidoof, and Patrat.
- Minccino in 5 km Eggs: Minccino will be hatching more frequently from 5 km Eggs. After the event ends, Minccino will continue to be available in 5 km Eggs.
- Shiny Minccino and Shiny Cinccino will be available! If you’re lucky, you might encounter them!
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog