Niantic recently announced the first-ever Buddy Up event for Pokémon GO. Read on below for more details:
Bond with your Buddy Pokémon during the Buddy Up event!
Time to buddy up and enjoy an event together with your Pokémon GO buddy! Spend time with your Buddy Pokémon with special bonuses, like decreased walking distance for earning Buddy Candy and hearts with your buddy. If you’re a dedicated Trainer, you may even get more items and Souvenirs from your buddy! Looking for a Pokémon to make your pal during this event? Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik make great buddies and will appear more often in the wild. Woobat will also be making a special appearance!
Volbeat and Illumise, the Firefly Pokémon, will be joining the fun and will be available in all regions during this event. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Volbeat or a Shiny Illumise! Don’t miss your chance to find both before they return to being exclusive to their usual regions. Volbeat is usually found only in Europe, Asia, and Oceania, while Illumise is usually found only in the Americas and Africa.
Date + Time
- Volbeat and Illumise, normally found only in specific regions, will be appearing everywhere in the wild, in Eggs, and as reward encounters from Field Research tasks! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Volbeat or a Shiny Illumise!
- For the first time, you’ll be able to encounter Woobat in the wild and after completing certain Field Research tasks. Woobat will be available in the wild and in 2 km Eggs after Buddy Up is over.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild: Alolan Meowth, Chansey, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs and at a higher rate: Alolan Meowth, Eevee, Feebas, Lillipup, and Joltik.
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and encounters with Alolan Meowth, Volbeat, Illumise, and Woobat.
- Buddy Pokémon will be bringing you more surprises more often! Look out for more items and Souvenirs. Your buddy might even bring you a new kind of gift!
- The distance to earn Buddy Candy and hearts with your buddy will be halved.
- It’ll be easier for your buddy to get excited!
- Feed your buddy Berries and Poffins, and it’ll join you on the map for twice as long.
- Earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon, your buddy or otherwise!
Don’t forget to capture your special moments with your buddy using GO Snapshot and share your photos with us on our social channels by using #PokemonGOBuddy. Please be aware of your surroundings when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog