The GO Fest Weekly Challenge: Battle Timed Research is focusing entirely on taking down Team GO Rocket in Pokémon GO. Read on below to learn more:
Team GO Rocket has taken over the GO Fest Weekly Challenge!
Remember when we said week two of the GO Fest Weekly Challenges would be battle-themed? There’s been a slight change of plans. Technically, it’s still battle-themed. However, with Team GO Rocket balloons appearing more often and other disturbances in the world of Pokémon GO that we believe are related, the GO Fest Weekly Challenge: Battle Timed Research will focus entirely on taking down Team GO Rocket!
GO Fest Weekly Challenge: Battle
Date + Time
Friday, July 10, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 15, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
In addition to all previously announced details about this week’s Timed Research and events, the following disturbances have been detected in the Pokémon GO world.
- Poison-type and Dark-type Pokémon are appearing in the wild, in Eggs, and in raids.
- Team GO Rocket balloons are appearing more often.
- The Meowth balloon seems to be appearing at a higher rate.
- Suicine has been turned into a Shadow Pokémon. Defeat Giovanni to save it! Complete the GO Fest Weekly Challenge: Battle Timed Research to receive a Super Rocket Radar that will help you track Giovanni down!
- Our findings show that the following Pokémon are being captured and turned into Shadow Pokémon now. Please go rescue them!
- Nidoran ♀
- Nidoran ♂
- We’re receiving word that the Team GO Rocket Leaders have found additional species of Pokémon to turn into Shadow Pokémon, too!
We’ve intercepted messages from Team GO Rocket that indicate they’re planning to take over more PokéStops and capture more Pokémon! There will be an increased amount of Team GO Rocket activity in your area soon, and we’re sure this won’t be the last time. We’ll share any other intercepted messages we receive if something like this happens again!
Sources seem to point to the following information.
Date + Time
Sunday, July 12, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
Keep your eyes peeled for…
- Team GO Rocket balloons in the skies and more Team GO Rocket Grunts capturing PokéStops for the duration of the take-over!
- 2x Stardust when you defeat Team GO Rocket Grunts and Team GO Rocket balloons
- The Meowth balloon appearing more often than usual
- The opportunity to use a Charged TM to let your Pokémon forget the move Frustration and learn a new move
- Team GO Rocket music playing in Pokémon GO
Be sure to share your findings (and victories!) with us on social media with #TeamGORocket. For tips and tricks on how to defeat the Team GO Rocket Leaders, opt in to receiving our push notifications and emails! It takes a certain level of villainy to launch a plan of this scale during our biggest celebration of the year. Let’s show them who’s boss, Trainers!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog