Niantic has announced even more details for Pokémon GO Fest 2020, which will take place on July 25 and July 26. Read on below to learn more:
Tips for the best Pokémon GO Fest experience—plus, Ultra Unlock details!
Pokémon GO Fest 2020 is right around the corner! Read on for what you can look forward to during the event. Plus, you can check out details on what you can unlock when meeting certain challenges during the weekend.
Pokémon GO Fest 2020: Know before you GO!
- Purchase your Pokémon GO Fest 2020 ticket: If you haven’t yet purchased a ticket, you can pick one up for US$14.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency), plus taxes and fees, and enjoy a weekend of Special Research and encounters with featured Pokémon! Here’s how you can purchase a ticket.
- In the shop, tap the Pokémon GO Fest 2020 image.
- Tap the Buy button. (Tickets cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.)
- After you tap OK, you can find the ticket in your Item Bag.
- You’ll receive a medal commemorating the event. When you open the app during day one, you’ll receive access to the two-day Pokémon GO Fest 2020 experience, including the first Special Research line! Make sure to open the app during day two to receive the second Special Research line.
- After you’ve obtained the Special Research lines, you can complete them at any time. Tickets to this event are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).
- Make the most out of your experience by using Incense: Incense activated during the event will last for one hour and will be even better at attracting featured Pokémon.
- Explore all the habitats: During Day 1, there will be five themed habitats rotating each hour, and each will feature different Pokémon!
- Get to level 10: If you are currently below Level 10, be sure to get to level 10 prior to the event in order to maximize your experience.
- Get your Print at Home kit: Bring the adventure of Pokémon GO Fest 2020 home. With the Print at Home kit, you can assemble crafts, decorations, and more to help re-create the adventure of traditional Pokémon GO Fests, no matter where you are in the world! The kit is available now on the Pokémon GO Fest website.
- Visit the Virtual Team Lounge: If you want to take a break from catching Pokémon during GO Fest, join us in the Virtual Team Lounge! Watch live video content, join the chat, check your team’s contributions to the Global Challenge Arena, and more! Mark your calendars—don’t miss the Pokémon GO Fest 2020 global kickoff keynote by John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic, on Friday, July 24, at 2:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) .
- Dress up with Pokémon GO Fest 2020 avatar items! Pick them up in the shop Thursday, July 23, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. PDT.
Ultra Unlock details
As is tradition with Pokémon GO Fest events, we’re excited to unveil details on this year’s Ultra Unlock bonus! Throughout day one of Pokémon GO Fest 2020, Trainers will have 32 global challenges they can work together to complete in the Global Challenge Arena. Every eight challenges that are collectively completed will unlock one additional Ultra Unlock event week, up to a total of three events. When Pokémon GO Fest 2020 begins, you’ll be able to track Global Challenge Arena progress in the Today View.
Here’s what you can expect for each Ultra Unlock week. * Ultra Unlock Week One: Dragon Week * Ultra Unlock Week Two: Enigma Week * Ultra Unlock Week Three: Unova Week
Ultra Unlock Week One: Dragon Week
If Trainers complete eight global challenges, they’ll unlock Dragon Week. The majestic Dragon-type Pokémon come in all shapes and sizes, from the tiny Gible to the towering Alolan Exeggutor, and this week will be their time to shine! Dragon Week will run from Friday, July 31, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, August 7, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild: Alolan Exeggutor, Horsea, Dratini, Trapinch, Swablu, and Bagon. If you’re lucky, you might find a Gible!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Horsea, Dratini, Trapinch, Swablu, and Bagon. Gible and Deino will also be hatching from 7 km Eggs, but only if you’re lucky!
- Rayquaza will be in five-star raids.
- Complete the Timed Research this week for a chance to encounter not one, but two Deino! This Timed Research will be available from Friday, July 31, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, August 7, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Deino!
Ultra Unlock Week Two: Enigma Week
If Trainers complete 16 global challenges, they’ll also unlock Enigma Week. The featured Pokémon range from the mysterious Elgyem to the powerful Deoxys! Enigma Week will run from Friday, August 7, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, August 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild: Staryu, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy, Bronzor, and Elgyem.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Cleffa, Igglybuff, Lunatone, Solrock, and Elgyem
- The following Pokémon will be available in raids: Bronzong, Claydol, Bronzong, Elgyem, and Unown U, L, T, R, and A.
- Deoxys will be in five-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Deoxys!
- If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Staryu!
Ultra Unlock Week Three: Unova Week
If Trainers complete 24 challenges,, they’ll also unlock Unova Week. Sewaddle, Cottonee, Emolga, and Bouffalant, originally discovered in the Unova region, will be making their Pokémon GO debut! Bouffalant will be available in New York City, USA and the surrounding areas. Unova Week will run from Friday, August 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, August 21, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild and hatching from 7 km Eggs: Sewaddle, Cottonee, and other Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region. If you’re lucky, you might find an Emolga!
- Bouffalant will be appearing in the wild and hatching from 7 km Eggs in New York City, USA and the surrounding areas.
- Roggenrola and other Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region will be available in raids.
- Genesect will be in five-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Genesect!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Roggenrola!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidance from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog