The Pokémon Company International is currently in the process of continuing to host the first-ever Pokémon Players Cup online. Read on below for more details:
Pokémon Players Cup Pokkén Tournament DX Regional Qualifiers Week 3
Watch all of the exciting Pokkén Tournament DX battles as part of the Players Cup!
Pokémon Players Cup: Pokkén Tournament DX Event Information
Players will be able to register at no cost for the Pokémon Players Cup Regional Online Qualifiers. Registration will be capped.
- North America rating zone (US and Canada): 128 Players
- Europe rating zone (Europe): 128 Players
- Oceania rating zone (Oceania): 64 Players
The Oceania rating zone comprises only Australia and New Zealand.
Registration is now open for all eligible players. Head to the registration page to sign up for the event. Registration will close on Friday, July 3, at 8:00 a.m. PDT.
In July, these players will then compete in Online Qualifiers within their region (based on rating zone, excluding Latin America, South Africa, and Russia). Each Regional Online Qualifier will be a separate double-elimination bracket taking place over three weekends so that play times can be optimized by rating zone and the time commitment to play at home will be only a few hours per session. Players will be required to register online before the qualification date and will need an account with both Discord and Battlefy to participate.
Matches will be best-of-three and will use the Basic Battle 1v1 Format. Specific details on rules and report times will be available at a later date.
Pokémon Players Cup Regional Online Qualifier Schedule
July 11: Bracket play until 64 players remain in each region
July 18: Bracket play continues until 16 players remain in each region
July 25: Bracket play continues until the specified number of players remain in each region:
- North America: 4 players
- Europe: 2 players
- Oceania: 1 player
Pokémon Players Cup Finals
The finals will include eight players—seven players will advance from the Regional Online Qualifiers, and one player will qualify by winning the Pokémon Players Cup Kickoff Invitational. The finals will be a new double-elimination bracket. Check back for more details on the finals.
Pokémon Players Cup Kickoff Invitational
Before the Pokémon Players Cup Regional Online Qualifiers begin, a special invitational tournament will be held. This tournament will take place June 13–14 and be broadcast June 27–28 (check out the Pokémon Players Cup Stream Information page for more information). This invitational will feature eight players, ranging from current top players to former champions. The winner of the Kickoff Invitational will earn a spot in the Pokémon Players Cup finals in August.
- Allister “ALLISTER” Singh (USA)
- Anthony “Rokso” Paratore (USA)
- Benjamin “Toasty” De La Rosa (USA)
- Chaz “Mewtater” Wright (USA)
- Davon “Shadowcat” Amos-Hall (USA)
- Jacob “ThanksAlot” Waller (USA)
- Labib “slippingbug” Haq (USA)
- Niklas “Wingtide” Laerbusch (Germany)
The following players will not be eligible to participate in the Regional Online Qualifiers:
- Players who were born in 2005 or later (Junior and Senior Divisions, based on the 2020 season)
- Players who reside outside countries supported by the following Play! Pokémon rating zones: North America (US and Canada), Europe, and Oceania
- Players who have not opted in to the Play! Pokémon terms
- Players who are unable to abide by the Pokkén Tournament online tournament rules
Additional eligibility rules may apply.
*All details, including rules, dates, and eligibility, are subject to change.